OP
BillyGee

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Ok more seriously. Have you ordered your Model Y yet? Because if you haven't you should soon, if/ when the new incentives kick in there is going to be a land rush for Teslas. You can think about it while you wait for your car.
Yes, the order is in for the Y. Trying to sell the truck while I wait for the confirmation email.

My company sends field service engineers all over the country. We fly to the airport, rent a car and drive to the hotel and to the customer plant. One of my colleagues had rented so many cars that he was able to get multiple free upgrades. Our boss got a call from the customer complaining that we are getting paid to much because we're coming to work in Cadillacs.
See, I never ran into that. I just always thought it was a weird sentiment given that work trucks can often dwarf the costs of "high end" vehicles, including Tesla.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yes, the order is in for the Y. Trying to sell the truck while I wait for the confirmation email.
If your truck selling experience is anything like mine, it'll take about 2 days. They are in demand right now.

OP
OP
BillyGee

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
If your truck selling experience is anything like mine, it'll take about 2 days. They are in demand right now.
It's been over a week, but it's a comically large diesel work truck with service boxes and a lift gate. Last truck I sold was already gone by this point.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Depends on the business. If it is a custom 4x4 shop the driver is promoting, then that fits perfectly.

What if he drives up with an $80,000 (Trimotor - $69.900, $10,000 FSD) CT that is air-lifted to maximum height, has monster mudders and fuzzy dice? Does your opinion change?
The fuzzy dice was a joke but, yeah, monster mudders on a daily driver work truck is how you spell "wasteful idiot". Is they guy trying to make a living or impress other people who don't know any better? Even the farmers around here with their muddy fields don't waste their money on monster mudders because they know how to drive. I don't want to pay for that sh!t
Sponsored