Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Hey all, just wanted to see what people think about it.
People are protesting about getting fired because they dont feel safe going back to work.
I live near fremont and know people who work there, it's long hours, hard work, for little pay(for the area).

I'm of the thought that if people are protesting outside your business, generally your doing something wrong.
if you live with elderly, or take care of them, etc. You shouldn't have to choose your job over protecting them. Tesla said go back to work or get fired
It's really sad to see and although I love Tesla and elon generally, I'm not sure I can support a company that cares more about profits than health and sefety.

This is far from the first, I had a friend working at the lathrop casting r&d building. (This was a couple years ago) He was saying several times a week ambulances were getting called because people were passing out.

There's a cost for trying to do too much too fast. Sadly it's always the grunts. Do better tesla

Edit, to add a bit.
II'm just stating things I have heard from a couple friends working for tesla. Believe me or not I dont care. This is just another data point for ME when thinking about making a large purchase. Whether you take this into to account is up to u. I want tesla do do well, and I'm sure they will continue to.
Also this was in general forum. Mods moved it here to investing forum
Sponsored

Last edited:
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
People passing out? WTF. I don't support abusive labor practices. If this kind of stuff is really happening I am pissed off.

OP
OP
Newton

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
People passing out? WTF. I don't support abusive labor practices. If this kind of stuff is really happening I am pissed off.
It was, I'm fairly certain they fixed the issues. Bad management pushing people too long and hard. But still things like this arnt ok.
And tesla loves non disclosures. I had to sign 1 just to interview for a low lvl, tech position.
when I asked simple questions like what are issues the cars are having, they got all quiet and didn't say anything. I figure if I was going to be working on the cars, I should at least know the current issues

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I will research this some more. I was already pissed at some of the things I read about factories opening prematurely and people being fired for voicing concern about safety during the pandemic.

But if that shit about ambulances is true I will cancel my cybertruck reservation and sell the stock.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
I will research this some more. I was already pissed at some of the things I read about factories opening prematurely and people being fired for voicing concern about safety during the pandemic.

But if that shit about ambulances is true I will cancel my cybertruck reservation and sell the stock.
Wait a minute. The OP said the people passing out and ambulances were from a different company, that it was 2 years ago and the company resolved the issues.

OP, do you have any credible facts about this situation to share? I wouldn't want us to jump the gun based on rumor.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Please do; Get's me one unit closer to delivery. And I'll take the stock too if the offer is good.
Relax Aj, the man said, “If” , “if, that Shix is true”, while its always good when someone reveals a little truth about themselves, its unfortunate you reveal you have no concern about ethics.

If its your place in the queue that’s so important, you may find you’ll be moving up a lot more than just 1 place, “if that shix is true”, enjoy your bullet proof truck, your going to need it, especially if
El Presidente Kanye and First Lady Kim Kardashian takes charge !

P.S. While I believe Elon is a huge force for good, he has shown some serious fallibility.
A couple of things are very disconcerting.

Such as discounting Covid-19 by saying, it will down to zero by the end of April !
( And if you're already proven so inept and wrong, why open your mouth again on the matter ?!)

And once more just the other day discounting the Covid-19 Case count !

Which to me is seriously stupid, for a couple of reasons, the biggest being its not the case count but the death count and the hospital system being overwhelmed which really matters,
which the case count signals will the problem in about 3 weeks time,
as was the case with New York in April.
So in just 3 weeks or so regardless of how accurate or not testing and the case count is today, the consequence in the next few weeks will be unequivocal and very stark.
That is if you want to ignore what the hospitalisation rate is today !
And ignore the fact the case count is at escalating record levels right now, higher than its ever been since the Virus arrived in the U.S. !!

He's either the smartest blind man I've ever seen or Tesla is in a very precarious situation !
(And no, I do not think Elon is driven by money,)

Last edited:

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
I would definitely research before committing to a protest. Tesla is the most shorted stock and there are shorts out there that love to spread FUD.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Wow. It seems Elon was actually right. The shutdown was stupid since it was unsustainable. All it did was flatten the curve for a bit
Relax Aj, the man said, “If” , “if, that Shix is true”, while its always good when someone reveals a little truth about themselves, its unfortunate you reveal you have no concern about ethics.

If its your place in the queue that’s so important, you may find you’ll be moving up a lot more than just 1 place, “if that shix is true”, enjoy your bullet proof truck, your going to need it, especially if
El Presidente Kanye and First Lady Kim Kardashian takes charge !

P.S. While I believe Elon is a huge force for good, he has shown some serious fallibility.
A couple of things are very disconcerting.

Such as discounting Covid-19 by saying, it will down to zero by the end of April !
( And if you're already proven so inept and wrong, why open your mouth again on the matter ?!)

And once more just the other day discounting the Covid-19 Case count !

Which to me is seriously stupid, for a couple of reasons, the biggest being its not the case count but the death count and the hospital system being overwhelmed which really matters,
which the case count signals will the problem in about 3 weeks time,
as was the case with New York in April.
So in just 3 weeks or so regardless of how accurate or not testing and the case count is today, the consequence in the next few weeks will be unequivocal and very stark.
That is if you want to ignore what the hospitalisation rate is today !
And ignore the fact the case count is at escalating record levels right now, higher than its ever been since the Virus arrived in the U.S. !!

He's either the smartest blind man I've ever seen or Tesla is in a very precarious situation !
(And no, I do not think Elon is driven by money,)
I don't think Elon ever said Covid would disappear by April. He said the shutdown was stupid and since he had prior experience with the China shutdown he probably knew what he was talking about. And since they had already put in place prevention measures in China plant why not just put those in place and not shut down? Clearly the shutdown was unsustainable as evidenced by the rising cases in Texas etc. Those same areas are only now requiring masks something that logic clearly implied would help as early as January. The only sustainable approach is prevention measures. The shutdown was stupid and Elon was very right.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
Hey all, just wanted to see what people think about it.
People are protesting about getting fired because they dont feel safe going back to work.
I live near fremont and know people who work there, it's long hours, hard work, for little pay(for the area).

I'm of the thought that if people are protesting outside your business, generally your doing something wrong.
if you live with elderly, or take care of them, etc. You shouldn't have to choose your job over protecting them. Tesla said go back to work or get fired
It's really sad to see and although I love Tesla and elon generally, I'm not sure I can support a company that cares more about profits than health and sefety.

This is far from the first, I had a friend working at the lathrop casting r&d building. (This was a couple years ago) He was saying several times a week ambulances were getting called because people were passing out.

There's a cost for trying to do too much too fast. Sadly it's always the grunts. Do better tesla
The Teslas's playbook looks like they care about their workers. Tesla isn't the only company going back to work. Most are back at it now.

craz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Elon’s companies are notoriously rough on their employees. Nonetheless many choose to work there out of a passion for the mission which is great, but the burnout rate is high and the engineers are underpaid compared to the rest of industry, especially when you consider the locale’s.

The way I see it is you can like the products without liking Elon.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Wow. It seems Elon was actually right. The shutdown was stupid since it was unsustainable. All it did was flatten the curve for a bit

I don't think Elon ever said Covid would disappear by April. He said the shutdown was stupid and since he had prior experience with the China shutdown he probably knew what he was talking about. And since they had already put in place prevention measures in China plant why not just put those in place and not shut down? Clearly the shutdown was unsustainable as evidenced by the rising cases in Texas etc. Those same areas are only now requiring masks something that logic clearly implied would help as early as January. The only sustainable approach is prevention measures. The shutdown was stupid and Elon was very right.
There is zero Elon was right about concerning COVID-19 .

The shutdown was proven necessary and effective by many many countries,
including the Chinese ! (not perfect, but exponentially more effective, than the U.S did )
Who did the most serious shutdown of any country in the world !
A shutdown only an authoritarian govt can only do, so sorry to say , I'd suggest your wrong also, about recent unfolding of events.

Tesla Cybertruck protestors outside fremont factory QGSGH8FZ_normal

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
· Mar 20
Replying to @elonmusk and @PPathole
Based on current trends, probably close to zero new cases in US too by end of April

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
There is zero Elon was right about concerning COVID-19 .

The shutdown was proven necessary and effective by many many countries,
including the Chinese ! (not perfect, but exponentially more effective, than the U.S did )
Who did the most serious shutdown of any country in the world !
A shutdown only an authoritarian govt can only do, so sorry to say , I'd suggest your wrong also, about recent unfolding of events.

QGSGH8FZ_normal.jpg

Elon Musk

@elonmusk
· Mar 20
Replying to @elonmusk and @PPathole
Based on current trends, probably close to zero new cases in US too by end of April
Yes , I went back and re-read his tweets he did say that. Must have been while it was trending down.

Geo

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru STI, KTM450EXC
Country flag
Yes , I went back and re-read his tweets he did say that. Must have been while it was trending down.
Nope, the date was March 20 th, Shit was getting real and escalating every day, just like it is right now in 36 U.S. states !!
Particularly in, Florida, Texas and California.
And by the way Florida just set the record for the highest number of cases in a day for any U.S. state, which should mean something to people if they took notice of New York who was burying people in mass graves in the middle of the City when they held the record.

But hey, lets pretend the case count is so ridiculously wrong that, the hospitals are imagining the escalating incoming RIGHT NOW, and there will be no avalanche of hospitalisations and deaths in the next few weeks.

A couple of you guys remind me of Monty Python and the Holly Grail . . . .
" Tis but a scratch . . . . Tis but a flesh wound,

Black Knight: It's only a flesh wound! Black Knight: It's just a flesh wound.
King Arthur: On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place. !!!

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I have to believe that if there are protesters outside Tesla Fremont it is more about politics than about substance, because protests are by and large political statements. That doesn’t mean there is no substance, it only speaks to the protest itself. If I am going to protest something, and put myself at risk of interacting with what I now see as a rogue establishment (aka the law enforcement agencies) it is going to have to be something more substantial than individuals claiming to have been fired. Tesla could not reopen without an approved reopening plan, and they could be shut down at any time for not following their plan. Tesla or any company can be shut down for not adhering to U.S. labor laws and OSHA guidelines (which favor OSHA’s interpretation, whatever that might be). It doesn’t require a protest to get their attention and investigation. Tesla has been very open about what they were offering their employees during Coronavirus times, but once they had an approved reopening plan they could ask the employees to return to work. If I was asked to return to work, knowing that I would have to take BART to get there, I would quit. I have the luxury of being able to make that choice, but not everyone can, so I can see people coming up with real or not real explanations for why they don’t want to return. I think they should be offerred the option of not returning and not being paid (and Tesla’s aid that was their policy) but if the job has to get done their job may be given to someone else. What then? I don’t think any of these things is quite as simple as they are portrayed so I will reserve judgement for the time being, and when I do judge I hope that everyone will ignore me.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.