Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
VtoG is going to be a big thing some day. For me it will only help on weekends. I have solar on my house however I will be away from home Monday to Friday during peak production. I will need to charge the CT up at night too so will not be feeding the grid or my house. The last issue is personal. When the power is out that is when I go to work so I will not be feeding into the house to get through an outage. I will still be getting a power wall some day to be able to get through an outage and to charge up during the day from solar.
My utility just halved our credit for solar power generated to the grid. This is a real kick as I need the seasonal storage of the grid. I produce lots of power during the summer and nothing during the winter as a result of snow cover.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
VtoG is going to be a big thing some day. For me it will only help on weekends. I have solar on my house however I will be away from home Monday to Friday during peak production. I will need to charge the CT up at night too so will not be feeding the grid or my house. The last issue is personal. When the power is out that is when I go to work so I will not be feeding into the house to get through an outage. I will still be getting a power wall some day to be able to get through an outage and to charge up during the day from solar.
My utility just halved our credit for solar power generated to the grid. This is a real kick as I need the seasonal storage of the grid. I produce lots of power during the summer and nothing during the winter as a result of snow cover.
Yep, I however need something for when a hurricane knocks out power on my little home on a barrier island of the Atlantic Coast of Florida. And I have it worse as I am on a very small spur of 8 homes. The way the power companies put people back on line is the largest number of people that can be helped are done first. they will come out and turn on a group of 20 homes next to me and then come back 3 days later and fix the lines for us (one time it was 11 days). having this will be the answer.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
This will "adjust some orders for powerwalls and may even get a few people to pay for the high end vehicle.
You would not want to charge a Tesla, especially a CT with it as it only delivers about 5 kW.

A Tesla will not back feed to your house from it and is not likely going to be able to do so any time soon for regulatory, standards and economic reasons.
Sponsored