Truckhaven

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Sierra Duramax, CTS Wagon
Country flag
I experienced a sidewall failure in my non ‘cyber’ truck about five miles after exiting quick quack. I had wondered it the rails may of contributed to a premature failure. Hmmm. Hope Quick Quack takes care of you.
Sponsored

Gundo

First Name
Gundo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche C2S
Country flag
Our Splash car wash here in Connecticut uses the same brush to clean wheels/tires. But the do not have that splash guard made of 1/4” steel plate on top. Seems like a totally bad idea. Push the brush too far and the steel plate makes contact. UGLY. Sorry for this happening to you.
Any idea how long for a new tire? I’m guess local shops don’t have

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Hi All,

Brand new member here. Took delivery of my Cybertruck last week and have been absolutely in love with it.

Unfortunately, my front driver side tire popped while going through a car wash. I had gone through a few washes already over the days and didn't have an issue until this time.

What happened: Truck was going through while in neutral as usual. Towards the end, there was a point where it felt like the truck was stuck and then there was a pop. It turned out that for some reason, the front tire came off the track a little bit and a metal piece punctured the side wall.

Damage:
Flat tire
Some rim damage as well :(

Tesla roadside assistance was great. They sent a tow truck and gave me $50 uber credit to get home. They took it to the local service center and are trying to find a tire and wheel. I'm really hoping it's not going to take them forever to find the parts.

I'm expecting Quick Quack to give me a call within a day or so. We have the dashcam video and their video as well. They'll probably reimburse me for any cost of repairs.

If anyone has any insight as to how long the wait might be, that would be helpful. Also, I won't be going to this specific location anymore and will only go through ground up new build Quick Quacks, because they are built different according to the employee.

I hope that you are going to get the car wash to pay for all of this.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Had a local automated car wash beat the crap out of the side of my car. Turned out the car before me had its wiper arm ripped out by the spinning brushes. Problem was it stuck in the brush and when I was going right behind them, it continued spinning the wiper around my car. Heard knocking, but nothing I could do in the 5-10 seconds of brush time.

They stopped the wash when I pulled out to say something and then discovered the issue.

Fortunately the wiper was high and didn't damage the painted body. More window height and window trim..

Rick

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
Yea............according to that you are also supposed to stand guard by the toughest truck ever made and immediately wipe bird poop off.
Every car mfg says to only hand wash a car with mild soap, but somehow carwashes are still in business.
Because of SkySky.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Hi All,

Brand new member here. Took delivery of my Cybertruck last week and have been absolutely in love with it.

Unfortunately, my front driver side tire popped while going through a car wash. I had gone through a few washes already over the days and didn't have an issue until this time.

What happened: Truck was going through while in neutral as usual. Towards the end, there was a point where it felt like the truck was stuck and then there was a pop. It turned out that for some reason, the front tire came off the track a little bit and a metal piece punctured the side wall.

Damage:
Flat tire
Some rim damage as well :(

Tesla roadside assistance was great. They sent a tow truck and gave me $50 uber credit to get home. They took it to the local service center and are trying to find a tire and wheel. I'm really hoping it's not going to take them forever to find the parts.

I'm expecting Quick Quack to give me a call within a day or so. We have the dashcam video and their video as well. They'll probably reimburse me for any cost of repairs.

If anyone has any insight as to how long the wait might be, that would be helpful. Also, I won't be going to this specific location anymore and will only go through ground up new build Quick Quacks, because they are built different according to the employee.

20240311_193712 (1).jpg

20240311_193735.jpg

20240311_194153.jpg

20240311_194146.jpg
That's too bad. What a bummer. Clearly poor maintenance on the car wash owners part. That metal defect on the railing is a liability to say the least.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
And yet, every Tesla has car wash mode lol.
Like many ICE on fossil fuel, we recommend 91 octane for maximum performance but you can safely use 87 octane...with decreased efficiency...:ROFLMAO:
But seriously, the metal rail shows a potential defect that the car wash owner failed to repair, resulting in the damage to this new Cybertruck. I'm betting that the car wash continued to operate after removing the Cybertruck 😂

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
And yet, every Tesla has car wash mode lol.
Exactly, the manuals have gone from a good source of information to just a giant get out of jail free card for the mfgs when anything goes wrong they can say "the manual says don't allow your vehicle to be in direct sunlight"

OP
OP
Pratik

Pratik

First Name
Pratik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Dam. And I was going to take my Cybertruck through my local Quick Quack. I have two newer ones within 10 minutes of my house.
I'm going to talk to the guy and see if the new builds are different. This one was a car wash quick quack recently acquired.

OP
OP
Pratik

Pratik

First Name
Pratik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
you got it last week and already had to wash it "several times" WTF?
I didn't "have to" wash it. It's just me baby'ing the crap out of my new vehicle lol. Also, I've been doing a lot of driving so gotta get the bugs off.

OP
OP
Pratik

Pratik

First Name
Pratik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Our Splash car wash here in Connecticut uses the same brush to clean wheels/tires. But the do not have that splash guard made of 1/4” steel plate on top. Seems like a totally bad idea. Push the brush too far and the steel plate makes contact. UGLY. Sorry for this happening to you.
Any idea how long for a new tire? I’m guess local shops don’t have
You're exactly right. It makes no sense to me why there's such a hazard so close to the brush.
They said there were none locally and all the tires being made were going to new vehicles. But good news is, they said they got a new tire and wheel from their distribution center. Truck should be ready in a few hours. So it took them a day (thank god).

atmospears

First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation Series AWD on order
Occupation
Network Engineer
Country flag
Had some trim pieces rip off from various vehicles in Quick Quack over the years. I think I recall as long as the car is < 5 years old, they’ll cover the damages with their internal claim process.

OP
OP
Pratik

Pratik

First Name
Pratik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Like many ICE on fossil fuel, we recommend 91 octane for maximum performance but you can safely use 87 octane...with decreased efficiency...:ROFLMAO:
But seriously, the metal rail shows a potential defect that the car wash owner failed to repair, resulting in the damage to this new Cybertruck. I'm betting that the car wash continued to operate after removing the Cybertruck 😂
You're right, they continued to run the wash after. lol
Sponsored