Received Foundation invite today. How long do I have to choose?

Kamin

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Health Physicist
Country flag
I reserved 3 days after the reveal with a reservation number RN1129... I had figured I would wait for the non foundation series right up until I get the option to order one today. I have pretty much talked myself into getting it but I couldn't find posts specific to how long can I wait after the invitation to place the order for the foundation version.
Sponsored

Makeodds101

First Name
Ro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fj Cruiser
Country flag
Times widely vary, if you’re getting a loan be sure to wait until you’ve received your VIN.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
There is no specific time, at least for now. There are several folks in this forum who didn’t act on the Foundation Series Invite. When Tesla stops making FS, you should get an option to configure regular Cybertruck. The million dollar question is when would that be. Nobody knows how long Tesla will continue to make Foundation Series. We only have speculations. Some are saying this entire year will be for only FS version, but take that with a grain of salt.

Reactions: Jow

Agassi

First Name
Goutham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I reserved 3 days after the reveal with a reservation number RN1129... I had figured I would wait for the non foundation series right up until I get the option to order one today. I have pretty much talked myself into getting it but I couldn't find posts specific to how long can I wait after the invitation to place the order for the foundation version.
My friend did not accept the invitation and he lost the spot for FS but he will again get the invitation for non FS when time comes. Btw he got email for invitation on 02/13. Looks like 30 days is the grace time to accept.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
My FS invite will be two weeks old tomorrow. I just checked and it’s still there.

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR, 2024 FSCT AWD on order
Country flag
I received a FS invite on 01/18/2024. I waited until 03/15/2024 to order a FS AWD.

So, for me, it stuck around for about two months.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
There are some people who got FS invites in Dec and Jan who have not taken them and they are still sitting in their account, so as of now no limit on how long you can wait. Currently it looks like there is no sign of the FS invites slowing down or stopping.

OP
OP
Kamin

Kamin

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Health Physicist
Country flag
I shouldn't have bothered to ask because I said hell with it and reserved the Foundation dual motor version.

espresso-drumbeat

First Name
Espresso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I shouldn't have bothered to ask because I said hell with it and reserved the Foundation dual motor version.
This seems to be the recurring resolution by many

Hope you get it soon

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
So they finally made it to day 3 of reservations. Only 1,500 more days to go! Hard to believe anybody will see a non Foundation version this year.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I will be curious to see if the FS Cybertruck stops production at 5k units.

OP
OP
Kamin

Kamin

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Health Physicist
Country flag
Yeah, I think as long as we keep buying them at an extra 20k, they will keep selling it. I had always planned to do the hook up to power the house thing and full self-driving so it wasn't costing me the whole 20k anyhow. The main thing though was life is too short and we have waited a long time.

I did get a survey today from Tesla about my plans for the home install and to connect me with an installer based on my situation and plans.
Sponsored