Reliability of Dog Mode

Zinc

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, Tesla Cybertruck order 1 year.
Country flag
I saw a few posts of the Y model with a dog mode on in the picture. I work with dogs and always have a dog with me, where now if its hot out I need to have an extra person in the truck to stay with the dog to leave windows open or truck running. Needless to say I really like the idea of having a dog mode in fact it would be a game changer for me but do not know anything about it. How reliable is it? Does it shut off automatically when battery hits a certain level? Has there been any failures in the news? I figure many of you have a previous model Tesla that may have it. I am going to be a first time Tesla owner.
Sponsored

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
I saw a few posts of the Y model with a dog mode on in the picture. I work with dogs and always have a dog with me, where now if its hot out I need to have an extra person in the truck to stay with the dog to leave windows open or truck running. Needless to say I really like the idea of having a dog mode in fact it would be a game changer for me but do not know anything about it. How reliable is it? Does it shut off automatically when battery hits a certain level? Has there been any failures in the news? I figure many of you have a previous model Tesla that may have it. I am going to be a first time Tesla owner.
I've used it quite a few times with my dog. My wife and I absolutely love it! The longest I think have been away from the car is about 1 hour. When I returned there were two people looking into the window and pointing at the screen showing that I will return soon, lol. We had a little conversation and they both said that their next car will be a Tesla.

OP
OP

Zinc

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Gladiator, Tesla Cybertruck order 1 year.
Country flag
I've used it quite a few times with my dog. My wife and I absolutely love it! The longest I think have been away from the car is about 1 hour. When I returned there were two people looking into the window and pointing at the screen showing that I will return soon, lol. We had a little conversation and they both said that their next car will be a Tesla.
It has me tempted to get a different model while waiting for the CT.

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
I rented a Model Y off Turo during the summer, for a road trip from California to Arizona, and used dog mode quite a lot and each time I came back to a cooled car. The A/C didn’t get as cold in dog mode as it does when the Model Y was being driven but it still kept the interior cool enough. But this was not exclusive to dog mode, the car cooled a lot better while in motion than when it was just parked.
Sponsored