PATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
No surprise, the top 3 states (CA, TX, FL) for Cybertruck reservations are also the 3 largest markets for traditional pickup trucks. This shows me that the Cybertruck is for sure going to take a decent % of sales from the traditional automaker's best sellers and money makers.
Sponsored

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
The number of reservations in Canada surprised me. .14% of the total population reserved a CT. Compared to the USA, our reservations is .12%. Then of course there's California with .18% of the total population. Also, I can't imagine hardly anyone in Canada ordering a single motor, so those orders are for $50,0000 and up vehicles. In a cold country where range would be limited and without much of a charging infrastructure. Very surprising to me. Well done all you Canucks!

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 AWD LR M3, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Don’t know if you’ve ever been to Canada, but there are a shit ton of pickups here. SUVs are really taking off too. Other than during Covid 19 Pandemic we usually get ROYALLY screwed on the price of gasoline. What are the 2 worse mileage personal vehicle classes? Cybertruck fills both niches nicely. We make a lot of clean hydro electricity, almost all coal generation is phased out. Electricity ?. Tar sands oil ?. They should put the factory in Quebec (I’m not from there) because of Bombardier talent pool and manufacturing experience, access to rail and shipping and consistent governments of all stripes saying yes to electrics, no to oil (unlike conservatives in Ontario undoing any progress). Range limitations due to cold weather= choosing 800km trinitaire version for care free charging and winter fears.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

Usachris

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I must be the only one in the state of Missouri to order one.... Missouri didn't even make the list
Yeah, and it would just be like Elon to bump them up to the dual-motor at no additional charge. Dang! I should have ordered the single motor. :ROFLMAO:

DARKFURY1

First Name
Chauncy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
Oklahoma here, it says 8 people ordered?

CyberTX

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Toyota 4Runner, preorder Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I reserved a dual, but already planning on Tri once we get to solidify our final configuration. Ready for the launch!

AlabamaMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F350 Supecab, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Just added an estimated delivery date on each order entered in the Cybertruck Reservation Tracker - check back to see your estimate. Based on some assumptions (of course) - the assumptions are listed on the Main page - top right area. Looking for feedback on the assumptions. Please find a seperate thread discussing the assumptions.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Im happy i reserved mine very early on, this estimate is insane! I love it!

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Just a thought, does anyone think the lack of interest in the single motor is due to the lack of 4WD or because people want more range? I personally wanted 4WD, if Tesla offered a cheaper 250 mile 4WD i would be all over that! Thoughts?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Just a thought, does anyone think the lack of interest in the single motor is due to the lack of 4WD or because people want more range? I personally wanted 4WD, if Tesla offered a cheaper 250 mile 4WD i would be all over that! Thoughts?
It's probably the combination of lower range and no AWD.

Aces-Truck

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Prius
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I started out with preordering the Single. But switched to the dual recently. Reason? I have heard that with dual the 2 motors are slightly different sized, So sometimes you are using both motors. But at others you can use just one. With the different sized motors, you can use the smaller at times, to further improve mileage (& range). I wonder how much of the extra 50 mile range (over the single motor) comes from efficiency?

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
That isn't how Tesla works. They hung their hat on the Vehicle costing that much. That PRICE was THE FACTOR at unveiling. The only workaround that I can see them doing is selling the reservation holders of that configuration the lowest configuration level that is produced for the same price.
And to make those that reserved the 2 motor version for $10K more Tesla will probably either keep the lower range in the ones they sell at $40k, or significantly increase the battery capability of the original 2 motor version. Increasing the mileage could be the best choice, but that will hinge on just how good the news is on "BatteryDay."
I am a reservation holder for the single motor and things like this make me even more excited because the deal could be extremely good.
Sponsored