Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
Just read this from Electrek:
https://electrek.co/2020/09/24/tesla-sentry-mode-amazons-ring-usb-hub/

Seems like the Ring integration uses its own LTE connection to upload Sentry mode video. So that means the user needs to pay for a monthly wireless connection for Ring beyond the probable subscription the user already using Tesla’s own wireless connection?

I like the idea of sentry mode video being additionally stored “off site” (off vehicle?). But it just seems wasteful to pay for duplicate wireless connections.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Hoppi

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
Every device needs its own connection. They're all basically cell phones.

-Crissa
I get that is how the wireless carriers want it because they charge per device. But if your Tesla vehicle is a single device and sentry mode data is just part of the data it publishes then there shouldn’t need to be a separate connection. The reason there are 2 devices here is because Ring is using an external device to make the data publish. I’d prefer my CT to have an internal setting where I can have the sentry mode data published (uploaded) to a service of my choice. Perhaps that would only be available if Tesla enables apps on the internal screen though.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I’d prefer my CT to have an internal setting where I can have the sentry mode data published (uploaded) to a service of my choice. Perhaps that would only be available if Tesla enables apps on the internal screen though.
Yes, but the Ring device is a separate device.

So now you've definitely identified https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...ld-you-like-available-in-the-cybertruck.1643/ ^-^

I couldn't think of anything, but definitely access to my Google Drive is one of them!

-Crissa

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
...beyond the probable subscription the user already using Tesla’s own wireless connection?
The first year is free. It's $99/yr after that.
Sponsored