Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Old incompetent drivers are a big problem.
So are young incompetent drivers. And inexperienced drivers. And overconfident drivers. And just plain incompetent drivers. Oh, and selfish drivers. Not to mention aggressive drivers. And timid drivers. Well, actually it’s just in general human drivers that are a problem.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
My Tesla drives 98% of the time, humans suck. It pisses off aggressive humans though, because it's super smooth.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
My Tesla drives 98% of the time, humans suck. It pisses off aggressive humans though, because it's super smooth.
I've noticed that my AP is so consistent that it makes the inconsistent driving of others even more apparent.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don’t get near 98%, but it’s pretty high. When the NHTSA starts talking about Tesla disabling Autopilot on surface roads I get angry. In particular on 2 lane highways it is spectacularly good.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Arizona arrests fewer drunk drivers but drunk drivers kill a higher rate and proportion of road users in Arizona than in California.
https://backgroundchecks.org/which-states-have-the-worst-dui-problems.html

Yeah, deaths aren't the only thing. But they usually go along with the rest.

-Crissa

I've been noticing more Teslas driving exactly the speed limit lately. ^-^ Which at least means they drive super-consistently. I love that.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I've been noticing more Teslas driving exactly the speed limit lately. ^-^ Which at least means they drive super-consistently. I love that.
Could also mean that a lot of people are doing everything they can to get their driving score up so they can be included in the FSD beta. Though if they are consistently exactly on the speed limit then that’s probably not a human driver.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
I've noticed that my AP is so consistent that it makes the inconsistent driving of others even more apparent.
It makes me crazy when I see other Teslas (and they are like roaches in my area) being driven manually, and poorly, by idiots playing with their phones. Put it on AP, dumbass!

Arizona arrests fewer drunk drivers but drunk drivers kill a higher rate and proportion of road users in Arizona than in California.
Drunk Indians were a huge thing here, and kinda un-PC to arrest them. No idea if that's still the case.

Also, I can drive 98%+ on AP because our roads don't suck. LOL

A rather dangerous thing to do in many places, where everyone is otherwise going much over. Difference in speed is far more deadly than speed. I'm actually very concerned with being limited to only 5 over on streets, and the normal flow is 10-15 over. I'm not safer.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
That was never the case.

However, it is the case that tribal police can't arrest white people for drunk driving.

-Crissa
That seemed pretty ludicrous so I looked it up, and although I know someone who was arrested for DUI in Tohono O'Odham, google...

https://www.scottsdale-duilawyer.co...-river-police-department-arrest-me-for-a-dui/

Yeah nah, of course that's false, tribal police can arrest white people. Separate trivia...AZ certified peace officers have state-wide jurisdiction, so college police can arrest you in anywhere in the state, not just school.

But drunk natives is absolutely a problem.

Nov 27, 2017 — Native Americans have the highest percentage of alcohol-involved driver, passenger and pedestrian fatalities of any ethnic group. Three out of ...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry, you're wrong.

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/...e-can-detain-non-natives-but-problems-remain/

They can only detain if they, that specific tribe, has an agreement with the local state. And then they can't prosecute - only the non-tribal courts can. If state/county police don't show up to take custody, the non-tribal members have to be let go.

It's a big pain. They only have jurisdiction over their own members.

I'm not going to do more than acknowledge your racist pinning of alcoholism on getto'd Native Americans. The reason for it seems pretty obvious, just as other deaths of despair do that get so much air time when they finally affect white people.

-Crissa

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Sorry, you're wrong.
I haven't expressed an opinion, you should go tell that lawyer that he's wrong though. Also, you might consider using an AZ source for an AZ discussion instead of someone in another state.

The reason for it seems pretty obvious, just as other deaths of despair do that get so much air time when they finally affect white people.
I didn't express any opinion on the reasons, only that the problem exists, and it's more of a problem for them than me. A hispanic political refugee who doesn't fit into any of your assumptions.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dude, you brought it up. No one else did. It's dirt on your nose. Don't say there's no dirt on your nose, clean it and move on.

Sure, here's an 'Arizona source': https://www.nhonews.com/news/2021/jun/08/tribal-police-can-detain-non-tribal-suspects-supre/

Notice the date of the case. And the NPR article was broader, pointing out that the whole idea of tribal authorities having jurisdiction over non-members is new. We've gone almost two hundred years with this ability stripped from tribal governance. And maybe you agree it's BS that they can't prosecute and have limited right to detain... well, there's a political party that has repeatedly in the last decade voted to keep them from doing so.

-Crissa

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
Edit: Never mind, too stupid and off topic.
Sponsored