Last edited by a moderator:

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
If the vehicle is truly $47k -7.5k for tax credit = $40k and 300+ miles of range it will likely eat into the Cybertruck sales. Especially with Cybertruck being 3-5 years out for most people that didn't reserve years ago, and at the pricepoint that is supposedly 40k it will be interesting.

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
I'm interested in what they come up with, I skipped my FS CT invite in December, my next EV will probably be an SUV but likely a full size one.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I'm interested in what they come up with, I skipped my FS CT invite in December, my next EV will probably be an SUV but likely a full size one.
Yea, i am a december skipper too. Bought a used model x since then. But im not missing out on reveal prices at rivian again lol

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
If the vehicle is truly $47k -7.5k for tax credit = $40k and 300+ miles of range it will likely eat into the Cybertruck sales. Especially with Cybertruck being 3-5 years out for most people that didn't reserve years ago, and at the pricepoint that is supposedly 40k it will be interesting.
feels 3-5 years out for me and i reserved on day 1

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Elon said a long time ago basically that he doesn't mind, actually wants other players in the EV market. He doesn't care if they overtake Tesla. That's not the war that he's fighting.
It's getting EVs out there is the war.

And in the big war, it's pickups that are the highest selling vehicles. If Rivian can sell more EV trucks, then we all win.

It's the fact that the top 5 selling vehicles are also some of the worst performing vehicles from an efficiency and pollution standpoint.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Elon said a long time ago basically that he doesn't mind, actually wants other players in the EV market. He doesn't care if they overtake Tesla. That's not the war that he's fighting.

And in the big war, it's pickups that are the highest selling vehicles. If Rivian can sell more EV trucks, then we all win.

It's the fact that the top 5 selling vehicles are also some of the worst performing vehicles from an efficiency and pollution standpoint.
Getting EVs out there is the over-all goal, but so is making money. Otherwise the CT wouldnt be 51k more than originally announced.

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag

Elon is so noble. He should be allowed to run for POTUS.

Prime8

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Colorado,
Occupation
Construction
Country flag

You would think he would be a big fan of BYD so, globally they are making a big difference in the move to electrification. They have some amazing tech too. Not coming to USA anytime soon though it seems.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
You would think he would be a big fan of BYD so, globally they are making a big difference in the move to electrification. They have some amazing tech too. Not coming to USA anytime soon though it seems.
He respects them now. (didnt always) but you dont really have a choice when they beat you lol

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag

MajorVictory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Dat ass is fugly. It evokes a Posh spice sense.
Sponsored

Last edited: