Robotaxi Cybertruck fleet with Income Generation Purpose?

CybrTrkWdWk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
Not interested in my Cybertruck being a taxi unless it will also automatically wash out the vomit in the backseats every night before I use it in the morning.??????
Sponsored

frankenbeans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek, Cybertruck on order
Country flag
Sure, when the tech is there, why not.
Until then, I intend to put it on Turo whenever I don't need it.

OP
OP

Roger

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Occupation
Insurance Broker, Investor/Trader, Future RoboTaxi fleet owner.
Country flag
I'm just trying to get a feel for when people who are more optimistic than I think that real robotaxi service might be feasible. Maybe I'll set up a poll.
Nobody knows, for sure, not even Elon. Boat will float when it will. People like you & me that are interested in riding this boat just need to be planned & prepared. We need to open a talk with Tesla as to what will be their policies for fleet owners. Whether there will be additional restrictions &/or any special accommodations.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I don’t think the robotaxi industry will be huge we’re I live however if I can rent it out either as a taxi or on Turo enough to pay for the electricity usage I have that would be nice.

OP
OP

Roger

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Occupation
Country flag
I'm just trying to get a feel for when people who are more optimistic than I think that real robotaxi service might be feasible. Maybe I'll set up a poll.
I am curious to network with like-minded people who might be interested in running a robotaxi fleet (Tesla or any other) whenever it becomes feasible.

frankenbeans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek, Cybertruck on order
Country flag
It doesn't really matter what we think. Tesla might crush it and get the tech to market early, but it doesn't really matter because who knows how long it will take to get gubment approval.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Having been a Commercial Vehicle Driver for part of my life let me chime in. Everybody but you and me are the worse drivers in the world. That's why automobile incidents (I refuse to call most of them accidents since they could prob have been prevented) kill more people than guns ever will. I have seen people out on the road that shouldn't be allowed to operated anything more complicated than a Slinky (you young people may have to Google that) but yet here they are. Most of them are aiming rather than driving. No matter how safe your robo-taxi is these people are out there completely oblivious to how stupid they really are. Six months after robo-taxis are approved some ambulance chasing trial lawyer is going to be on TV advertising to sue "Commercial Vehicle Robo-taxis". And that is exactly what a taxi is......ask anyone that owns one. My guess is that if you operate as a "taxi" you will have to comply with all rules and regulations that go with the territory including commercial insurance. If you think regular insurance is high go price commercial insurance. I once owned a military wrecker until I tried to insure it. My agent told me point blank that unless I bought commercial tow insurance they would not honor any claim I had if I had a vehicle attached to that wrecker (the exception was a pintel hitch trailer being towed as a trailer) and would drop me like a hot rock. I ended up insuring it under my semi-commercial farm policy as a "boom truck" with the understanding that I would not tow anything with it. You do not want to know what commercial tow insurance costs but if you have ever had to use a commercial sized wrecker you can figure out it isn't cheap. I sold that sucker and never looked back. Just my two cents worth.

Kasibert

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck reservation
Occupation
Student
Country flag
I'm doing the exact same thing. Maybe Tesla shares will be able to pay that even for me that would be mind-blowing

Doggiewumpus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual motor CT reservation
Country flag
I'm doing the exact same thing. Maybe Tesla shares will be able to pay that even for me that would be mind-blowing
I’m going to do a proof of concept by roboing out my own dual motor. If it works then I’ll get a business loan, using my proof of concept as evidence, and pay it back with the proceeds.

OP
OP

Roger

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Occupation
Country flag
Who has ordered extra Cybertrucks for a fleet if FSD is a reality by the delivery date? I’m planning to cancel if it doesn’t seem to be happening, but it seems like easy money.
How many CTs you have reserved? I am planning to reserve several. Actually intending to build a fleet as large as possible. I would like to network with like minded people, if you are also willing to build a fleet of RoboTaxis.

OP
OP

Roger

First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, CyberTruck
Occupation
Country flag
How many CTs you have reserved? I am planning to reserve several. Actually intending to build a fleet as large as possible. I would like to network with like minded people, if you are also willing to build a fleet of RoboTaxis.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Those planning on operating robo taxi fleets need to obtain some lithium as the carbonate and put it in a nice herbal tea.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Although FSD robotaxi is attractive in concept, Tesla's intention is to retain ownership, and commercial liability, for those vehicles. Tesla sees a windfall, over selling the vehicle, as a glorified tech car rental company. Dont even consider FSD, except for personal use in a vehicle you own. In fact, Tesla will probably prevent it using biometric / camera tech. Thus those inner cameras!

Doggiewumpus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual motor CT reservation
Country flag
I’ve ordered five. One dual motor for me, although I’ll robo it out until I get the money back - should take a little over two years. And then four single motors for roboing. Once my dual is paid off I’ll give my Model 3 to my son, who will be going to college then, and the dual will be my daily.
Sponsored