CyberTruck Fleet Announcement (Speculative)

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
a true fleet ecosystem is a cash cow

simply selling vehicle units that happen to be used in “fleet,” is not
IMO Tesla won't establish a true fleet motion until its no longer supply capped. Why spend capital and cause org headaches elsewhere to sell vehicles you can't make anyway at a lower margin? Tesla already has delivery headaches, the last thing they need is fleet-sized delivery headaches.

But once we see some demand drop that doesn't immediately respond to small price incentives, I bet we'll see a fleet BU. Prediction: 2025/2026, starting with whatever they have excess capacity on (maybe MY and CT).

If the light commercial van rumor is true, that might also be the impetus for fleet sales.
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Tesla is selling 100% of its production capacity.

If there is unused production capacity, then initiatives such as fleets is on the agenda. Is that confusing?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If a vehicle meets a need and is cost effective there will be those that build fleets with them. In many cases a fleet manager will look for or expect fleet pricing but not all. It really depends on how they do the value calculation.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Totally speculative but ... any guesses on whether Tesla will announce CT fleet launch customers (like they did with Semi)? If CT is going to get quick street cred, it would make sense to have a few big fleets like Centerpoint Energy / PG&E and perhaps a Penske or Barco plus as part of the launch. Even better, would be to also add a large police department (how awesome would it be to announce Texas State Troopers will be driving CyberTrucks?). It would certainly be a definitive answer to Jim Farley's "I make work trucks" comment.

What say you, fellow prognosticators of all things CT? Do we get announcements of a fleet customer launch on the final reveal day?
I hope not. And I doubt it. Fleet customers should have to wait in line just like the rest of us.

Elon once said on an earnings call that fleet buyers of the Model 3 don't get any special deals, they pay the same as everyone else.

Easyejl

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Audi Q4 e-tron,2017 WRX STI, 2003 Mazda Miata
Occupation
Software development
Country flag
Fleet buyers can't fuck around waiting for tesla to build a product that has repeatedly been delayed. I doubt there is any interest until they know price, availability, and capabilities.
Also fleets are risk averse, as a vehicle that has recalls or other issues will affect the whole fleet. So they tend not to buy in the first model year or two of a new design. I'd say Tesla could wait until 2025 to build out a fleet sales department for the CT.
Sponsored