Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Is this true?
I think it was just a recommendation... or hope. Tesla hasn't indicated when the first Beta would come out. The post probably would have been more clear if it said "It would be awesome if Elon took delivery of the first Beta during the Semi delivery event."

I can see Elon now, standing in front of, say 4 Semis and announcing they are all for Pepsi and then looking sadly at the crowd.
Elon: "I guess there isn't a Tesla Semi for me."
And then, a trailer door is lowered and out comes Franz with a CT. He gets out and shows Elon a metal ball.
Elon: "Well, there's a Cybertruck for me. Hanz, you aren't throwing that ball at MY truck!" or "Okay, last time I let you throw a metal ball at my truck's window."
{Hanz heaves the ball at the driver's side window. The ball strikes the window and falls to the stage with a thud. The window remains intact.}
Elon: {to Franz} "Yeah, that's what I thought." and then to the audience "We fixed the window issue. I'd offer test drives in this Cybertruck but this one is mine. {pauses a beat or two for effect} But, I DID bring 3 others for you to try out the first quad-motor, 4-wheel steering, 620 miles range (I can dream...) badass Cybertrucks! We'll be making these at GigaTexas for customers starting in February. Later!"

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I think it was just a recommendation... or hope. Tesla hasn't indicated when the first Beta would come out. The post probably would have been more clear if it said "It would be awesome if Elon took delivery of the first Beta during the Semi delivery event."

I can see Elon now, standing in front of, say 4 Semis and announcing they are all for Pepsi and then looking sadly at the crowd.
Elon: "I guess there isn't a Tesla Semi for me."
And then, a trailer door is lowered and out comes Franz with a CT. He gets out and shows Elon a metal ball.
Elon: "Well, there's a Cybertruck for me. Hanz, you aren't throwing that ball at MY truck!" or "Okay, last time I let you throw a metal ball at my truck's window."
{Hanz heaves the ball at the driver's side window. The ball strikes the window and falls to the stage with a thud. The window remains intact.}
Elon: {to Franz} "Yeah, that's what I thought." and then to the audience "We fixed the window issue. I'd offer test drives in this Cybertruck but this one is mine. {pauses a beat or two for effect} But, I DID bring 3 others for you to try out the first quad-motor, 4-wheel steering, 620 miles range (I can dream...) badass Cybertrucks! We'll be making these at GigaTexas for customers starting in February. Later!"
If we are going to dream, dream BIG!

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
I grow weary of all the speculation.

It's not unlike the historical UFO crowd that always seemed to attract a lot of attention-seeking paranoid schizophrenics.

99% of all the Cybertruck videos are pure shit, and I wish there were a way to block a channel so they don't ever show up in my feed again.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I for one wished the Cybertruck, and the Semi, would have 1,000 mile range.

But Gates, the not-so-swell-headed genius, is correct. There is a conundrum in weight and range for battery operated vehicles. Meaning at the this batteries has reached peak energy density, the only way to add range is to add batteries -- then you hit the weight limitations. Next breakthrough would have to come to new materials to hurdle the current limitations on energy density.

Higher range than what's published at 500 miles, should first happen on the semis. It says, it can haul 81,000 pounds. Regs limit is 80,000. So, it can play out of that 1,000 pounds extra to add battery. :p

No I'm not an expert. I'm just faking it after the Gates-Musk spat that Elon seems to have not moved on. Yeah, aspergers, extreme narcissism, thin-skinned, snowflakery... take your pick for his excuse.:rolleyes:

Yeah, there are dreams and there are delusions. :devilish:

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
I for one wished the Cybertruck, and the Semi, would have 1,000 mile range.

But Gates, the not-so-swell-headed genius, is correct. There is a conundrum in weight and range for battery operated vehicles. Meaning at the this batteries has reached peak energy density, the only way to add range is to add batteries -- then you hit the weight limitations. Next breakthrough would have to come to new materials to hurdle the current limitations on energy density.

Higher range than what's published at 500 miles, should first happen on the semis. It says, it can haul 81,000 pounds. Regs limit is 80,000. So, it can play out of that 1,000 pounds extra to add battery. :p

No I'm not an expert. I'm just faking it after the Gates-Musk spat that Elon seems to have not moved on. Yeah, aspergers, extreme narcissism, thin-skinned, snowflakery... take your pick for his excuse.:rolleyes:

Yeah, there are dreams and there are delusions. :devilish:
That doesn't make any sense for either vehicle.
The Semi is intended for fixed-route trucking as opposed to over-the-road long hauls.

The cybertruck is a non-commercial vehicle, and the vast majority of people who buy it will drive less than 50 miles per day on average.

Why add the extra cost and weight of such a large battery pack?

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
That doesn't make any sense for either vehicle.
The Semi is intended for fixed-route trucking as opposed to over-the-road long hauls.

The cybertruck is a non-commercial vehicle, and the vast majority of people who buy it will drive less than 50 miles per day on average.

Why add the extra cost and weight of such a large battery pack?
Thanks for the new excuse.

When did Elon appointed you to be Semi apologist? :rolleyes: ;)

Your next assignment is to correct Musk's pronouncement that "Semi would be the future of trucking..." err, to fit your own excuse: (quote GlockandRoll verbatim: "The cybertruck is a non-commercial vehicle, and the vast majority of people who buy it will drive less than 50 miles per day on average." :rolleyes:

Last edited:

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
Thanks for the new excuse.

When did Elon appointed you to be Semi apologist? :rolleyes: ;)

The Semi is intended for fixed-route trucking as opposed to over-the-road long hauls.Your next assignment is to correct Musk's pronouncement that "Semi would be the future of trucking..." err, to fit your own excuse: (quote GlockandRoll verbatim: "The cybertruck is a non-commercial vehicle, and the vast majority of people who buy it will drive less than 50 miles per day on average." :rolleyes:
I won't even bother trying to make sense of this jibberish.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
For the first few years this will be true, eventually they will do long haul trucking, that’s why they emphasize 30 minutes to 80% charge state.

That is likely at least 3-5 years out since there are no public Megachargers.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
I won't even bother trying to make sense of this jibberish.
Then quit trying. There is no shame in keeping quiet for not knowing. :oops:

Truckers in the industry actually suggested 700-mile range as their mandated rest is after driving of 10 hours that would have them achieve at least 650 miles on the 65-per hour average (and in California, the 55 to 65mph speed limit regulation) speed.
Sponsored