Otto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Sept 2017, Model X Dec. 2023
Occupation
Dj
Country flag
Was able to use my just over a week old Cybertruck to dj the annual Cinco De Mayo event for SpaceX tonight.

Normally I did this event out of my Model X with battery packs, but the truck was a great fit. With a prior NDA there are limits on any details, but was fair and humbled to say that most employees had never been up close to a CT and curios on the technology.

*The 14-50 outlet is listed I believe as 40 amps? Shouldn't this be 50? Maybe a later software update?

*Guess I could have tried, but didnt think you could connect a charger cable while using outlet? Had plenty of power anyways, as the rating is really close to true on these and had 265 remaining after arriving with around 280 and headlights left on "manual on."
Sponsored

Zorro

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation Series
Occupation
Global Security
Country flag
A 14-50 outlet is 40a continuous, 50a peak. I'm not sure which you're referring to.

Also! That looks like fun ^-^

-Crissa
Damn! I was feeling the vibes with Marc Anthony! 😂😂😂

Dmayo305

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S, 2023 Model X, Awaiting VIN for CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
*Guess I could have tried, but didnt think you could connect a charger cable while using outlet? Had plenty of power anyways, as the rating is really close to true on these and had 265 remaining after arriving with around 280 and headlights left on "manual on."
I'm also looking forward to this. In theory I could charge my CT at a campground while using CT's 14-50 to run my camper. Even with both A/Cs running I think there would be plenty of juice to charge the CT battery.
Tesla Cybertruck Running sound system from Cybertruck for Mobile DJ Setup 1000008092

Cboy7

First Name
Cboy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm also looking forward to this. In theory I could charge my CT at a campground while using CT's 14-50 to run my camper. Even with both A/Cs running I think there would be plenty of juice to charge the CT battery.
1000008092.jpg
Do you know if that is actually possible? to run the 240 while its charging?

Dmayo305

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S, 2023 Model X, Awaiting VIN for CT
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Do you know if that is actually possible? to run the 240 while its charging?
I don't know.... I could try a science experiment today to find out. But it'll be at a deficit because I can't reach my 240 outlet while my rig is hooked up, and I'm not unhooking for a 10 minute experiment! Which brings up a real concern.... Supercharging with a rig attached... :(

Cboy7

First Name
Cboy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I don't know.... I could try a science experiment today to find out. But it'll be at a deficit because I can't reach my 240 outlet while my rig is hooked up, and I'm not unhooking for a 10 minute experiment! Which brings up a real concern.... Supercharging with a rig attached... :(
we need to know! :)

Cyber DJ

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
DJ
Country flag
Was able to use my just over a week old Cybertruck to dj the annual Cinco De Mayo event for SpaceX tonight.

Normally I did this event out of my Model X with battery packs, but the truck was a great fit. With a prior NDA there are limits on any details, but was fair and humbled to say that most employees had never been up close to a CT and curios on the technology.

*The 14-50 outlet is listed I believe as 40 amps? Shouldn't this be 50? Maybe a later software update?

you used the 220 outlet with a distro box?

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag

Was the sound actually run through the CT speakers or just its power source? 🤔

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag

A few Tesla locations did this also. Effective idea!

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
1000008092.jpg
If the Tesla isn't rolled back, there probably is not enough to charge the vehicle and two A/C units.
Camper A/Cs are really bad about compressor startup currents. And don't forget the Convection oven being turned on and the Inverter deciding to charge the batteries up.

Why do some campers use the NEMA 14-50 and others use the TT-30?

Number of A/C units. One is all you are getting with a TT-30.

Cboy7

First Name
Cboy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Unfortunately, it seems like I cannot turn on the outlets while charging. Maybe somebody else can try to confirm?

Screenshot_20240506_055329_Tesla.jpg
txt elon and have him turn it on. Makes sense to use for camping. although most campgrounds have the option to use either 30 amp or 50 amp, so technically you could plug camper into one and CT in the other

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
txt elon and have him turn it on. Makes sense to use for camping. although most campgrounds have the option to use either 30 amp or 50 amp, so technically you could plug camper into one and CT in the other
And that may trip the local or remote breaker. The intent is the TT-30 OR the NEMA 14-50, depending on your camper. Not both.
Sponsored