MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
50k? You're insane. MAAAAYBE 15k. Lightning is way v better of a truck. A real mans vehicle.

The Lightning is a great truck in its own right we should celebrate ford for making a move and subsequently dumping $6B into furthering the ev market along
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Disagree. This is a cult car/truck. I have good intel it is going to be priced at 100k.
Max 50k a year. No need for second press.

Would be nice to integrate a sarcasm font icon to use when needed. /\
You are thinking the question was about Cybertruck cost but I interpreted it as Gigapress cost. You are likely incorrect about the former and I wouldn’t be surprised to find the latter costing $100M.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
The Lightning is a great truck in its own right we should celebrate ford for making a move and subsequently dumping $6B into furthering the ev market along
Lighting was potentially a great truck but it’s actual range will destroy its reputation. Hopefully the CT will not suffer the same fate.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
You are thinking the question was about Cybertruck cost but I interpreted it as Gigapress cost. You are likely incorrect about the former and I wouldn’t be surprised to find the latter costing $100M.
If y'all wanna throw me $300 I can pay the government to tell us the declared import value of a giga press.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Missing the sarcasm.

Tesla Cybertruck Second 9kT IDRA Press looks to be arriving at Giga Austin! 1679430634832

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I miss it too. That's why I keep coming back for more.

Can't ever have too much.
"This isn't 'arguments', it's 'abuse'!! Arguments is down the hall!"

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

JCERRN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Country flag
Could we be seeing another 9kT IDRA press soon in Texas? Import records showing IDRA components starting to arrive in Tesla in Texas! (This is how the shipments look when they start arriving, they don't ship a whole 1mil lbs machine at once) Arriv. @ port on 3.16.23

Frr5PY-agAEjmVN (1).jpeg

I'VE FOUND MORE! Lots of crates... Could be.... Injection components and tie bars. It's definitely another press.......

Frr6WSzaIAAkKls.jpeg

Exciting! Stay tuned. Found many inbound shipments! Definitely seeming to be a press!
Teslarati credited you in their article…
https://news.google.com/articles/CB...LXNoaXBtZW50L2FtcC8?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
They failed to mention that the last time @greggertruck announced a shipment it didn't show up for another 4 months. That doesn't change the fact that it eventually turned up, which is great, but it would have changed the 'impact' of the 'article'. Teslarati and Electrek are not in it for unbiased information to the community; they are in it for the clicks and the advertising. It is up to the reader to take what they present with a grain of salt. They are almost never 'correct' (but I do watch both like a hawk just in case).

ShadowAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5
Occupation
Medical Vendor
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Second 9kT IDRA Press looks to be arriving at Giga Austin! 20FE3659-9B1A-4D04-9353-AAFCB5945AF1
Tesla Cybertruck Second 9kT IDRA Press looks to be arriving at Giga Austin! 06EACB2F-9932-47BE-8F1F-9F24EC8B1E93
I

I was at the museum a couple of months ago and was able to see the CyberTruck. Very cool in person to see. Being from Arizona trucks this size are very normal, but I can see these bad boys being a nightmare in bigger cities and downtown areas

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
20FE3659-9B1A-4D04-9353-AAFCB5945AF1.png
06EACB2F-9932-47BE-8F1F-9F24EC8B1E93.jpeg
I

I was at the museum a couple of months ago and was able to see the CyberTruck. Very cool in person to see. Being from Arizona trucks this size are very normal, but I can see these bad boys being a nightmare in bigger cities and downtown areas
Can I tweet these? :) FWIW if you actually hit the bottom right circle button when measuring, it'll capture your camera with the measurement on it!

Where did you start your frontal measurement? Trying to figure out how you got only ~225"

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
They failed to mention that the last time @greggertruck announced a shipment it didn't show up for another 4 months. That doesn't change the fact that it eventually turned up, which is great, but it would have changed the 'impact' of the 'article'. Teslarati and Electrek are not in it for unbiased information to the community; they are in it for the clicks and the advertising. It is up to the reader to take what they present with a grain of salt. They are almost never 'correct' (but I do watch both like a hawk just in case).
I've thought a lot about that, and I know you and I have had private discussions. But, at this point....

I think there was primarily an issue with getting the foundation in place. They simply were not prepared in Texas for the reception of it for whatever reason.

I think they just store the press components off line. Good news is this time they're clearly very very ready for a second press to be installed! I would bet we see this press by 4.20 (earnings report, speculative Cybertruck info update)
Sponsored