Should Tesla Do Paid Advertising?

Should Tesla Do Paid Advertising?

• Total voters

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
If I was a shareholder, I would vote No. Not even sure I would vote for $1 per car.
Totally agree. It's not a matter of the amount. (I expect Tesla is about to rake in such huge profits that advertising would be an expense write-off that would cost them near nothing anyway.)

It will be a source of pride that my driving a Tesla was not due to some Mad-Men types researching how to push which of my buttons to induce me to pay their salaries.

I once read that a major German car company spent $1,000 per new-car-sold on advertising. That's why that brand will never even make it to my list of possibilities.

I'm not a Tesla share-holder but I do hold Costco. And Costco is aware that part of its appeal is their policy to not invest in advertising.
Sponsored

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Totally agree. It's not a matter of the amount. (I expect Tesla is about to rake in such huge profits that advertising would be an expense write-off that would cost them near nothing anyway.)

It will be a source of pride that my driving a Tesla was not due to some Mad-Men types researching how to push which of my buttons to induce me to pay their salaries.

I once read that a major German car company spent $1,000 per new-car-sold on advertising. That's why that brand will never even make it to my list of possibilities.

I'm not a Tesla share-holder but I do hold Costco. And Costco is aware that part of its appeal is their policy to not invest in advertising.

I voted for a small amt. of advertising and here is what I had in mind. Each CT buyer should be OFFERED a number of cards that have relevant CT facts on them. MPG equivalent, range, contact info/website, and any other stuff that people want to know. By the time CTs are offered to the public the early drivers will be able to tell the most common questions. When you get out of your CT at the grocery or whatever and someone wants to ask you about your ride you have two options. (No one on this forum would take the third option "I don't have time to talk to every asshole that has a question!) You can spend a lot of time or you can hand out one of your cards. Since not everyone would take one the cost to Tesla would probably be less that $.50 a CT. I agree that it would be silly to spend mega bucks to advertise when there is a 4 year backlog but there are people who are thinking about a new truck in the future and there will come a time when Tesla can produce more trucks than it can sell. The card should say "yes I like it and here is why". Someone who is smarter than I am should put this to the forum in the form of a poll.