Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
So I'll state some low-tech ideas that would make the Cyber better as a utilitarian vehicle. I've stated some of my "Wishes" in other threads, but this thread is about the basic, low-tech, easy to do, and take advantage of what is already there kind of things.

NOT A WHITE OR A BLACK INTERIOR. Either gray or brown has to be an option.
I can't see considering a white interior for a utilitarian vehicle. And it is obvious why...and black heats up like a sumbitch, and shows all the crumbs and dirt. And black just carries the "vibe" of being cheap and low quality in a work vehicle.
Gray or brown. I don't care which.

MAX OUT THE STORAGE SPACE in all the cubby spaces, and floor storage, and frunks. I don't mind an odd shape storage area. It seems like TESLA looks at a space they are going to put a storage bin in , and they tell the guy, "Make it slick and easy., don't worry about how big it is." NO!... Let me figure out how to use ALL the space. Don't just round off the interior dimensions to make a box...
2 inches wider and deeper could add several sq ft of storage overall, and might make a storage space usable or not. There are thousands of tools and toys out there that don't fit in a shortened flattened-out frunk box by just two inches. Give us those inches.
Drain plugs in at least one or two of the storage spaces. AND if Tesla would make drop in "coolers" that fit the spaces like a glove all the better. IF Tesla does not want to do that they need to look at the coolers that cost $20-$100, and make the spaces large enough to fit some of them perfectly..or go out and get Coleman or igloo to agree to a deal about making them. This would work well for any gathering(Bull sessions around the vehicle after a softball game...or work), and for carrying cold foods for extended periods of time.
AND use the dash for storage...the WHOLE length of the dash not just "glove box." At a width of 82 inches the Cyber's "Dash box" could easily fit some 6ft fishing rods, or some 2-piece, ten ft fly rods, or a long gun or two. Or for the working man...an electric cattle prod. Don't make the dash a big wasted box of valuable space.
And make the storage area in the middle seat a lock box. A substantial lock box... at least something that can lock and would take a juvenile delinquent half an hour to bust open if he didn't have the tools. Some place where "the important shit" can be kept, like phones, cameras, laptops, precision instruments, and papers.

RUBBERIZING/SEALING (line-x) the lower half of the interior for those that want a "floorboard that is "tough and can take it". This would also increase sound-deadening, and make the truck "wash-outable." Or at least offer "rubberizing" as an option over floor carpet.
(Note: Every time I've used floor mats they've only done a good job of hiding the dirt in the carpet underneath them.)

A Steering wheel that stays clean, or cleans easily... It looks like the interior of all the Tesla vehicles eliminate one of my pet peeves. And that was all the dials and corners and little spaces that I could not get the dust out of in my old cars.
Tesla has an all-in-one flat screen now...except the air vents. But I wonder if an easy to clean steering wheel is possible...like back in the day when it was just a slick hard ring.

OK I missed stuff...not your personal "want." but if you have something many people would really appreciate that would not significantly impact the price and yet make the vehicle more USABLE and user-friendly then post it.
But please think just a bit before you do...the subject is limited to simple, low-tech for the INTERIOR.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Replicanthunter

First Name
JohnPaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Totally agree on a rubberized interior

removable seats for extra space or storage

the back wall should fold down and open or remove to create a huge space extending to the vault.

normal non electric handles. I love the high tech but I want base model simplicity and rugged non electric operation. Save the batteries for range.

OP
OP

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
  • Banned
Totally agree on a rubberized interior

removable seats for extra space or storage

the back wall should fold down and open or remove to create a huge space extending to the vault.

normal non electric handles. I love the high tech but I want base model simplicity and rugged non electric operation. Save the batteries for range.
I have never had a door handle on a vehicle not work. All of em have been manual. I am NOT sure that the Cyber will have any electronic aspect. Do you know?
I do like the idea of removable seats. If they agree with you that it'd be a good idea then I think the issues would all be safety oriented...how to secure the seats to stay down in a collision.
The wall between the back area and the vault being removable or "disappearable" is wanted by us all. I have no real firm idea of what The Big Ee will do to make it happen, but with all the talk about it I figure he is going to do it well.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
It would be fine with me if rubber/vinyl floor mats were standard (you could upgrade to carpet if you wanted it). My Nissan van has rubber and cleaning them is easy with soap and water and a brush/sponge. The back is bare metal (it's a no rear window cargo van). I have the back floor covered with cheap (free) furniture pads I got from Harbor Freight to insulate the floor from the cold. Removable rear seats would be good and would allow you to use the rear area as a "sleeper compartment" on a long road trip.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
It would be fine with me if rubber/vinyl floor mats were standard (you could upgrade to carpet if you wanted it). My Nissan van has rubber and cleaning them is easy with soap and water and a brush/sponge. The back is bare metal (it's a no rear window cargo van). I have the back floor covered with cheap (free) furniture pads I got from Harbor Freight to insulate the floor from the cold. Removable rear seats would be good and would allow you to use the rear area as a "sleeper compartment" on a long road trip.
The CT truck bed is 6.5' perfect for sleeping. That's why I'm hoping it comes with a roll down back window, so climate controls will work in the bed.

Noncorporeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2010 Toyota Venza, 2007 Honda Element, 2021 CT dual motor
Country flag
I have never had a door handle on a vehicle not work. All of em have been manual. I am NOT sure that the Cyber will have any electronic aspect. Do you know?
I do like the idea of removable seats. If they agree with you that it'd be a good idea then I think the issues would all be safety oriented...how to secure the seats to stay down in a collision.
The wall between the back area and the vault being removable or "disappearable" is wanted by us all. I have no real firm idea of what The Big Ee will do to make it happen, but with all the talk about it I figure he is going to do it well.
The prototype they showed at the event had similar handles to the model s. I don't know why they would change it to anything else, as the model s door handles are amazing. You can't pick the lock into the car because the handle hides itself away. and you couldn't just smash the window because it has armour glass.

Noncorporeal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1982 Jeep Scrambler, 2010 Toyota Venza, 2007 Honda Element, 2021 CT dual motor
Country flag
I think It would be quite hard to have the wall dividing the seats and the vault be removable. Mainly because the vault door is supposed to sit back there, and even if it didn't, you would still have a slot that could possibly get jamed by anything you might be carrying with the wall removed. The wall may also have some structural value as it forces the sides apart, so they won't fold inwards during a t-bone crash. Im sure elon has this all figured out though.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Carpet is dirty. It always was and putting a mat over it is just like putting a bed liner in a bed. Build the thing to do the thing and then no one has to put covers over the it. Why do I have to vacuum little crevices because the truck is covered in carpet I can't remove? Make the floor tough enough to be bare then make carpet mat if people want carpet. And by mat I don't mean little squares. Make it a form fitting carpet insert.

Replicanthunter

First Name
JohnPaul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I think It would be quite hard to have the wall dividing the seats and the vault be removable. Mainly because the vault door is supposed to sit back there, and even if it didn't, you would still have a slot that could possibly get jamed by anything you might be carrying with the wall removed. The wall may also have some structural value as it forces the sides apart, so they won't fold inwards during a t-bone crash. Im sure elon has this all figured out though.
If you look at how an avalanche wall folds down perhaps Tesla could get some ideas. In an avalanche, the back window is removable and then you can fold the bed wall down into the interior over where the seat cushion was.

It seems like the consensus is that the CT will have neither removable back seats nor a folding back wall between the vault and the interior. But how great would that be for camping in stealth mode.
Sponsored