TODD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 volt and 2013 ford ev getting cybertruck
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
I have 400 Eco flow panels that I would to carry around as backup. Would be nice to have inlets on the CT instead of carry around the Eco flow battery
Sponsored

israndy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Mitsubishi I-Miev, 2x 2007 Vectrix VX-1, 2000 Honda Insight, 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired from IT
Country flag
If you have a small battery you can just feed the battery the solar output and have that same battery feed an inverter powering an EVSE that you charge the Tesla with. As the sun changes just track the solar and adjust the charge speed to match so the battery doesn't get too full or too empty.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
If you have a small battery you can just feed the battery the solar output and have that same battery feed an inverter powering an EVSE that you charge the Tesla with. As the sun changes just track the solar and adjust the charge speed to match so the battery doesn't get too full or too empty.
That means you need to carry another battery. And you have to stop, deploy the charger, and wait, to get the power back out.

-Crissa

Last edited:

dempster

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model 3, 2021 Model Y, Cybertruck preoder
Country flag
That means you need to carry another battery. And you have top stop, deploy the charger, and wait, to get the power back out.

-Crissa
It would be definitely be convenient to just plug in the solar connector, right to the truck. Would give us something to combat the vampire drain.

This could be an easy way for Tesla to appease those of us who want the solar bed cover he mentioned, way back when.