Solution to prevent Electroinc hacking and theft.

U92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon MW3
Occupation
FILM
Country flag
First Time post, Lurking for a while.
Future Tri and Dual owner under 69k order
So I have talked to my wife about it and others and people are afraid it can be hacked into and possibly stolen remotely.
I have a solution. Just get a lift and park it on the lift with the tires off the ground. Solves that. I think I will invest in one.
This is the best truck for anyone that wants to live off the grid or needs power for different trades like construction, film making,
lives in the desert etc... Image is how I will park my Cybertrucks.
Tesla Cybertruck Solution to prevent Electroinc hacking and theft. Lifting-Jeep-BendPak-2-Post-Car-Lift
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Tesla try's hard to keep their tech hack resistant (offering money to people who can) but even if it gets stolen, they should be extremely easy to locate because they are always connected.
I suspect (although I know very little about it) there's maybe thousands of people in the world who can hack a tesla remotely to the point of taking over its self driving functions and have it drive away. And they probably dont have any want to steal random cars.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Yes, people can hack and steal your Tesla. The company itself can, of course, do so and that means that their employees know how and that means that an unscrupulous employee could. As an illustration of this I dropped mine off for service and forgot to leave the "key" (electronic fob). No problem for Tesla.

The biggest threat from outside is that with relatively simple equipment (laptop and radio) one can "clone" your fob if he can get close to it as at, say, a freeway rest area or big box store parking lot. Some solve this problem by carrying the key in a Faraday pouch i.e. wrapping it in conductive material through which radio waves can't propagate which, of course, means you can't use it either until you take it out which is inconvenient. At a customer's suggestion Elon had his people add a security PIN feature. A four digit code must be correctly entered before the vehicle can be moved even if you have the key. Finally, even if one is successful at stealing the car you can see where it is at all times and report same to police.

Tesla has one of the lowest theft rates of any car but it is not 0.

Last edited:

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
A four digit code must be correctly entered before the vehicle can be moved even if you have the key

This is what I was thinking when I saw the post headline. Some people think its a hassle to keep the feature active even though its a 2 second job

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Those who find the burden intolerable can disable the feature.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
The original post said" hacked into and stolen remotely." So I'm not sure if the guy is afraid of people joyriding it, as apposed to tesla or a nefarious hacker "cyber joyriding" it
Sponsored