Banned
First Name
K. P. G.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
First thing I'll change are those crappy aero covers.

Absolutely hideous.

Stainless steel body: cool

Plastic hubcaps that looks like they came from a Playschool tricycle: Hell no
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
For the Model 3, there was a similar stink about the Aero covers. Some loved them, many hated them.
But the wheels underneath look a little similar to the Cybertrucks wheel, from what I can tell. And some loved this look and again others hated it.

I started by keeping the Aero covers on, I then took them off for every day use and back on for travelling.
Buth then I got lazy, it's been a couple of years since I've had them on. And wile they are similar 2-5% loss of range, in reality, it never matters.

So my Aero covers are off and I'm happy. Your truck, your choice, and there will be third -party covers and wheels.
On my Model 3's I take them off, maybe to wash and wax the wheels, then there is no good reason to put them on until I want to take a fast, long trip. One time I forgot, never again. It's noticeably better with the Aero covers when cruising at 70-90 mph. Much more efficient and it just feels better. I know it might sound unbelieveable to some people, but I can feel how much more slippery the car feels when driving at speeds of 70 mph and above when I have the Aero covers on. And it feels good, enough so that it makes it worth it to put the covers on for fast trips. I have free Supercharging for life on my Performance Model 3 so I don't do it save money, it's for the feeling at higher cruising speeds. Every time I let off on the accelerator pedal, I can feel how it just wants to roll.

I'm not saying the Cybertruck will be the same way, that the driver will be able to feel the difference between Aero covers and not, and I'm not buying the Cybertruck to be the vehicle I pick first for for long trips, but I do know that wheel covers make a much bigger difference at freeway speeds on the Model 3 than I ever would have guessed. Knowing this, I'll probably run them on the Cybertuck as well, even though the relative difference will probably be less significant than on the Model 3.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I don't mind them

It's funny, roles can easily be reversed.
Had Tesla offered the tighter-fitted Aero cover, some vendor could have said it looks like a food platter.
That same vendor would then hypothetically design and offer for sale the Tesla version as a more grunge look for the Cybertruck.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I don't mind them

It's funny, roles can easily be reversed.
Had Tesla offered the tighter-fitted Aero cover, some vendor could have said it looks like a food platter.
That same vendor would then hypothetically design and offer for sale the Tesla version as a more grunge look for the Cybertruck.
Obviously, the "TV Platter Car", or conversely, the Platter Splatter.

OP
OP

KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag
More looks at base aero wheel cover

Tesla Cybertruck Standard base aero wheels cover photos & video in motion (for Cybertrucks w/ Base Wheels) Cybertruck base aero whee cover 1

Tesla Cybertruck Standard base aero wheels cover photos & video in motion (for Cybertrucks w/ Base Wheels) Cybertruck base aero whee cover 2

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I prefer the newly debuted forged steelies from Tsportline.

Tesla Cybertruck Standard base aero wheels cover photos & video in motion (for Cybertrucks w/ Base Wheels) 39D3E941-F49D-4516-AF08-A83AF53420F9

Tesla Cybertruck Standard base aero wheels cover photos & video in motion (for Cybertrucks w/ Base Wheels) 538A4D73-2BA4-4C2E-A7FE-DFB586270941

j4ypal

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 and CT reservation
Country flag
Yea not bad for steel wheels but I'd still prefer the look of the OEM wheel without cover. For my winter wheels, I'll go with some other alloy wheels. For my Model 3, I've been really satisfied with my RTX spider gunmetal. They change the car's look completely.

They look badass and didn't cost a lot for what you get: https://rtxwheels.com/products/spider-gunmetal?_pos=1&_psq=spider&_ss=e&_v=1.0

RTX is probably going to make something for the CT in the coming months.
Sponsored