AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck FD series Dual Motor AWD
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Country flag
Stek Piano gloss black PPF wrap and ceramic coating. 50% windshield tint and 35% driver and passenger, all Xpel Ceramic IR. Couldn’t be happier with how this turned out. Truck looks like a mirror… Also had the tonneau and bed trim ceramic coated to help protect it. All done by Steve Aguilar and his team at Modern Auto Design in Walnut Creek. HIGHLY recommend if you are in the eastbay.

Tesla Cybertruck STEK Piano Gloss Black PPF + Ceramic Coating + XPEL tint IMG_7883

Tesla Cybertruck STEK Piano Gloss Black PPF + Ceramic Coating + XPEL tint IMG_7882

Tesla Cybertruck STEK Piano Gloss Black PPF + Ceramic Coating + XPEL tint IMG_7881

Tesla Cybertruck STEK Piano Gloss Black PPF + Ceramic Coating + XPEL tint IMG_7861

Tesla Cybertruck STEK Piano Gloss Black PPF + Ceramic Coating + XPEL tint IMG_7880

Tesla Cybertruck STEK Piano Gloss Black PPF + Ceramic Coating + XPEL tint IMG_7860

Tesla Cybertruck STEK Piano Gloss Black PPF + Ceramic Coating + XPEL tint IMG_7866

Tesla Cybertruck STEK Piano Gloss Black PPF + Ceramic Coating + XPEL tint IMG_7879
Sponsored

gbox

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast, Model Y
Country flag
Amazing. Getting the same thing done to mine. Except not doing the front windshield tint. What was your total costs if you willing to share.

OP
OP
The Tumbler

The Tumbler

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Country flag
Amazing. Getting the same thing done to mine. Except not doing the front windshield tint. What was your total costs if you willing to share.
$7500 wrap and ceramic, $395 front and side windows with the little triangles and $600 for the windshield.

The STEK PPF is expensive. $2000 for the roll…

Getinring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model x plaid
Country flag
Looks great but have to ask Since I’m debating between the gloss vs matte. How dusty does it get?

OP
OP
The Tumbler

The Tumbler

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Country flag
Looks great but have to ask Since I’m debating between the gloss vs matte. How dusty does it get?
It’s personal preference. I love the gloss. I keep a bottle of detailed in the vault with a microfiber towel. The gloss + ceramic is so smooth it takes 5 min to wipe the whole truck down.

ItsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYLR, M3LR, M3LR, CT
Occupation
Self Employed
Country flag
I have the STEK DYNOmatte Black and it gets dusty real fast. You just can't see it unless you are up close. I'm in AZ, so it's a dust bowl here. It wipes right off in seconds (also ceramic coated).

chaosmarine92

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
This looks great but are you worried other cars won't be able to tell you exist at a glance? If I look in my mirror and see reflections from the area around me it might not be obvious there is a vehicle there.

themuleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Exp Max Ltd, 2021 Ford F350 Ltd
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Does the wrap go on first, and then do they wipe ceramic on this? How does it work? Is there a benefit to doing both?

OP
OP
The Tumbler

The Tumbler

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Country flag
This looks great but are you worried other cars won't be able to tell you exist at a glance? If I look in my mirror and see reflections from the area around me it might not be obvious there is a vehicle there.
😆 it actually isn’t quite as mirrored as the direct side photo shows. Trust me, no one misses this car…

OP
OP
The Tumbler

The Tumbler

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Country flag
Does the wrap go on first, and then do they wipe ceramic on this? How does it work? Is there a benefit to doing both?
Ceramic coating goes over the PPF wrap. Pretty standard finish for most reputable wrap shops. Protects it and makes it more water resistant.

Freemarket

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Stay at home Daddy
Country flag
Great post!

I do LOVE the look, but so glad I went with matte white.

I don’t think I could handle the dust in NM.

Also, glad I went DIY w Tsportline’s wrap option. Saved $6k for my wrap, just cost me 15 hours 😬

OP
OP
The Tumbler

The Tumbler

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Country flag
Great post!

I do LOVE the look, but so glad I went with matte white.

I don’t think I could handle the dust in NM.

Also, glad I went DIY w Tsportline’s wrap option. Saved $6k for my wrap, just cost me 15 hours 😬
Wow I’m super impressed with the DIY. I watched my guy do this for 30 min or so when I visited 3 out of the 5 days he had it. Wouldn’t trust myself to do it that well!

Also, I’ve never had a car that WASN’T white, until one. So I understand the white choice!

Freemarket

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Stay at home Daddy
Country flag
Wow I’m super impressed with the DIY. I watched my guy do this for 30 min or so when I visited 3 out of the 5 days he had it. Wouldn’t trust myself to do it that well!

Also, I’ve never had a car that WASN’T white, until one. So I understand the white choice!
The DIY definitely takes some patience, but the flat panels really make it possible. I’m early 40’s and in pretty good shape, put I’ll say it’s definitely a younger man’s type of work. My back and knees and joints were all talking to me pretty good after 3 straight days of it.

I am curious how the gloss black does with micro scratches. In 3-5 years, I could definitely consider it. I’ve never had a black car myself. Are you noticing any yet?
Sponsored