Since2012

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
What steps in the app need to be completed prior to getting a VIN assigned?

Different Tesla employees say different things, but I’ve heard that as long as you have your registration step completed, that is all you need to get the VIN.

But does having more steps get a VIN assigned faster?
Sponsored

EmJay

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT FS (Ordered March 7), 2024 MX
Country flag
That should be all you need. If you have a trade in, you can put that info in—they won’t give you an offer until after your VIN is assigned. Do not apply for financing until you have a VIN. It will most likely expire before you accept delivery. If you do Tesla financing, they give you an offer within minutes of applying so it’s not a rush. Insurance won’t accept anything until you have a firm delivery date.

i think that covers everything.

OP
OP

Since2012

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
That should be all you need. If you have a trade in, you can put that info in—they won’t give you an offer until after your VIN is assigned. Do not apply for financing until you have a VIN. It will most likely expire before you accept delivery. If you do Tesla financing, they give you an offer within minutes of applying so it’s not a rush. Insurance won’t accept anything until you have a firm delivery date.

i think that covers everything.
Thank you, I appreciate it!

EmJay

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT FS (Ordered March 7), 2024 MX
Country flag
For sure! Good luck and happy waiting!

rizvend

First Name
CyBrNrD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybrtrk, aptera reserved
Occupation
Nurse Informaticist
Country flag
They will message you for what is needed via the app. Loan and insurance can wait until after delivery date is given.

Darth abbott

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
What steps in the app need to be completed prior to getting a VIN assigned?

Different Tesla employees say different things, but I’ve heard that as long as you have your registration step completed, that is all you need to get the VIN.

But does having more steps get a VIN assigned faster?
None, and not having anything else done before delivery won't affect it either. It's always good to put the information in you can and get things done in a timely manner, but do not complete your financing until you know your truck is going to arrive.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, BMW, Ford
Country flag
I did the registration and trade in, but rejected the trade in offer. I did the finance for a bit of the truck but you can accept or change that too even. After those you are good I'd say.

Not going to pay until get EDD or even right before. Insurance needed after get EDD also since need the VIN and shouldn't have to pay until EDD for any higher change or add.
Sponsored