Surprised no one has posted this nasty April Fools article yet. Actually got me for a second

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The hate is real. The simple explanation is: "we humans hate/resist change". EV's are a massive change that is going to disrupt several industries, and the way of life for a lot of people. I actually think it's going to get way worse.
With only 1% of vehicles on the road, most people ignored or dismissed them as "nothing to see here". But now, as all these companies are marketing all their new EV models, and they can't help but know the massive wave of change is coming. The fear and hate will increase.
I tell my kids you get what you give, during interactions with people. It is my duty to try and understand where the hate is coming from, and try to resist getting drawn in to arguments with people. It's not going to be easy. A lot of these people are friends and relatives. Even my wife and youngest son are still on the dark side.
... And it really only takes a few noisy people to make an issue feel contentious, even when it's really not. Most people don't have strong opinions on most things; and that doesn't slight them, it's impossible for one person to have thought about everything deeply and do all their day to day things. So we all have blind spots.

But it also only takes one coal-roller or reckless person to ruin your day out of the thousands you're near but don't directly interact with in the world every day.

-Crissa

(And this is true on everything, from EVs to racism.)
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag