Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Dual Motor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
Maybe airbag suspension that allows variety of height adjustments to some or all wheels? Raise entire vehicle to cross creek? Raise one side of vehicle for travel on a side slope?

This could be done with the same airbag system that allows variable weight carry and towing capacity.
Sponsored

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
Adjustable air suspension is one of the most likely features we’ll see tomorrow night in my opinion. It’s one of the first parts truck guys mod (mostly lift kits) so if you give the CYBRTRK this ability from the factory, you’ve got their attention!

KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag
Love the idea and hope it comes. But with independent adjustability. If not at every corner then at least front and rear. That way the rear can be lowered to give the bed an angle and height for easier loading/unloading.

Bstill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150 & $200 of CybrTrk
Occupation
Aluminum fabrication
Country flag
Definitely need lateral leveling... NASCAR!

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Love the idea and hope it comes. But with independent adjustability. If not at every corner then at least front and rear. That way the rear can be lowered to give the bed an angle and height for easier loading/unloading.
KuMX you called it. Great idea.

I'm also wondering how the suspension will work. I noticed its got both active height and damping control on four wheel independent suspension. It won't have the articulation benefits of a rigid axle off road, but will definitely be best suited for where it travels most of the time, and that is on the road. Hopefully it has similar functionality and is just as "active" like the Mercedes GLE suspension and comes with both on and off road modes that can be customized by the user. A self leveling feature would also be nice to have for when using the bed as a camper. and a ultra low crawl setting to get it into low garages, even with something on top. ATM I don't think the demo has the real suspension geometry they will use and is probably mostly based on the Model s suspension.

The other advantage of having a more active approach to the suspension is improved accessibility through the doors, and storage, by lowering the car whenever it is in park. That way you don't need running boards and allows for a completely flat underbelly setup that can slide across the ground instead. Although the approach and departure angles are good, especially with the suspension up, the ramp over angle is not that great given the long wheel base.

I'm hoping that the system can also register load on the suspension of each wheel, together with the traction control system it could then modulate power and vehicle mass for extra traction to the wheel with the most grip. A 360 camera with underfloor, or at least a camera directly in front of the bumper would be good. I'd image the rear camera will also allow for the auto hitch maneuvering. But the pothole look ahead function would be a awesome feature here, to reconfigure the suspension before hitting a bump or hole.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I love the air suspension for hooking and unhooking a trailer. Use it on the semis I drive and will be great on the CT.

Ordinaryguy

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 4 Runner Offroad
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Maybe airbag suspension that allows variety of height adjustments to some or all wheels? Raise entire vehicle to cross creek? Raise one side of vehicle for travel on a side slope?

This could be done with the same airbag system that allows variable weight carry and towing capacity.
That’s what they have on the new Defender. It has 11” of clearance and over 3’ of wade depth. The Cyber truck should be better than that.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Will you get ret run flat tire ?

Bob Owe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 MB GLK 250 Bluetec, 2004 Mini Cooper, 2002 Nissan Frontier
Occupation
car hoarder
Country flag
How about a coilover kit? Will the truck be able to easily accommodate the non tech suspension? Maybe it would be a good option or design in future trucks.
Sponsored