Air suspension in -40C

SHorzy

Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Have heard most people remove air suspension systems in the far north because the valves freeze up. Similar to my F350 DEF tank that fails in the cold. Suspect Tesla Engineers have considered this. Sure don’t want my CT unable to shame my lame Ford!!!

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The only thing good about -40 °C is that it's easy to convert it to the equivalent °F. It is going to be hard on your CT too. If they had to design it primarily for a - 40 °C environment you wouldn't be able to afford it. I'm sure they are well aware that some will buy it intending to use it in such an environment but they are also aware that you hardy northerners are a very small part of their market. At times they have sold their cars with a "cold weather package" but that (seat warmers, heated steering wheel, windshield wiper defrosters) now seems to be standard on the X at least. If I lived where you do I would look into this further before taking delivery.

alan auerbach

First Name
alan
Reaction score
Vehicles
why?
Country flag
My Citroen, using the technology of over a half-century ago, had its share of problems, but air-suspension function throughout many Canadian winters was not one of them.

kdn

First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Pre-ordered CT Tri Motor, F250, Toyota Tundra, Jeep Wrangler X, Toyota Camry
Occupation
Self employed Ice cream industry
Country flag
It's only cold 7 months out of the year!