Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
Received the notice of VIN assignment this morning and sure enough there is a VIN on app. Ordered on announcement date, completed res on 12/20.
app says “complete tasks” and wants proof of insurance before setting up delivery.
Go to my progressive app and bind the Cybertruck and get an insurance proof card.
App will not accept Progressive NAIC code. Actually it won’t accept any NAIC code. Will not allow insert of insurance company name.
Anyone else had a problem with app?
Sponsored

Noblelr3

First Name
Noble
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S & X
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Country flag
If it’s just insurance that should not matter because almost all A Grade insurance companies include any new car purchase for up to 30 days until you add it on to your insurance.

Obie_fl

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model S, 2024 Model Y, Cybertruck FS AWD
Country flag
Just went through the same thing on my Model Y. In my case it was because both me and my girlfriend are co-owners and they needed both drivers licenses. The app only allows you to put in the primary drivers license. Use the in app message system to talk to your sales advisor. She had me upload the second license through the in app messaging system and then I could enter the insurance info. For the record mine was Progressive too.

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Received the notice of VIN assignment this morning and sure enough there is a VIN on app. Ordered on announcement date, completed res on 12/20.
app says “complete tasks” and wants proof of insurance before setting up delivery.
Go to my progressive app and bind the Cybertruck and get an insurance proof card.
App will not accept Progressive NAIC code. Actually it won’t accept any NAIC code. Will not allow insert of insurance company name.
Anyone else had a problem with app?
You are our first Louisiana order to get a vin !

Did you do anything special to get your vin like referral credits, stockholder, lived in a different state when you ordered, employee, etc. ? Or just a normal guy ?

Thanks !

OP
OP

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
Nothing special; have had a Model S since 2012; owned a significant stock position but sold in early February, so no joy there. I’ll track down the adviser tomorrow morning and see what’s up with insurance.
Sponsored