Tesla Battery Degradation only 12% after 200k miles (from official Tesla Impact Report)

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Yup. On my Lightning. The battery health reading is not available through the normal interface. I got it through ODB II.
In connection with having my module replaced, saw a screen capture of what’s available to the tech’s at dealership. It’s as detailed and comprehensive as I could imagine. And that’s the detail also being monitored remotely by Ford - that’s how they knew to contact me for a module replacement.

One could of course go full conjecture and say that “Ford” will avoid warranty claims by service techs simply lying about their diagnostic outcomes.

Doesn’t seem a new worry, regarding the possibility that untrustworthy service techs exist. I desire to find and trust good techs, not bad ones, ICE or otherwise.

My ICE truck didn’t have an any more detailed readout for ‘deep’ engine performance.

Not my truck’s details, but same presentation and artifact of what was seen in mine:

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Battery Degradation only 12% after 200k miles (from official Tesla Impact Report) 5433585E-09FF-46AB-87E2-19B7C8C6F170
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Battery Degradation only 12% after 200k miles (from official Tesla Impact Report) 8999C1CC-FCAF-4AC0-9AFF-168E50D95BD6
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Battery Degradation only 12% after 200k miles (from official Tesla Impact Report) 7568A395-5456-44D0-A74B-18C8AA78089B

Just before the warranty period is up, I’d plan to go ask for this sort of health report. That said, I’ve not owned a vehicle for 8 years, ever.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
In connection with having my module replaced, saw a screen capture of what’s available to the tech’s at dealership. It’s as detailed and comprehensive as I could imagine. And that’s the detail also being monitored remotely by Ford - that’s how they knew to contact me for a module replacement.

One could of course go full conjecture and say that “Ford” will avoid warranty claims by service techs simply lying about their diagnostic outcomes.

Doesn’t seem a new worry, regarding the possibility that untrustworthy service techs exist. I desire to find and trust good techs, not bad ones, ICE or otherwise.

My ICE truck didn’t have an any more detailed readout for ‘deep’ engine performance.

Not my truck’s details, but same presentation and artifact of what was seen in mine:

5433585E-09FF-46AB-87E2-19B7C8C6F170.png
8999C1CC-FCAF-4AC0-9AFF-168E50D95BD6.png
7568A395-5456-44D0-A74B-18C8AA78089B.jpeg

Just before the warranty period is up, I’d plan to go ask for this sort of health report. That said, I’ve not owned a vehicle for 8 years, ever.
I love this. Really appreciate you sharing it. I have seen the pack and modules open. They seem fairly accessible. This gives me hope that third party shops could work on the pack after warranty. Hopefully by then we can find a way to get this info independently. I stop here so we don't get kicked out for talking Ford on Tesla forum.

Thanks again.

Last edited: