"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
Welp, there goes the last chance I'll be ordering a CT anytime in the next 5 years.

Tesla Supercharger infrastructure is better than most, but isn't adequate by itself out here. I've both had to and actually wanted to go to CCS several times in 10 months. Will that change eventually? Sure. Am I spending high 5 figures to lose options? Nope.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Welp, there goes the last chance I'll be ordering a CT anytime in the next 5 years.

Tesla Supercharger infrastructure is better than most, but isn't adequate by itself out here. I've both had to and actually wanted to go to CCS several times in 10 months. Will that change eventually? Sure. Am I spending high 5 figures to lose options? Nope.
All those chargers will be adding NACS soon im sure. Before 5 years for sure. But what was your RN? lol

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
meh, why bother
An interesting point, and for a new Tesla owner I don't recommend getting one. Getting over Range Anxiety isn't solved by buying every option out there, that actually just delays it.

I charge both of my cars at home, off a single 120V 15A plug. It fits my needs 95% of the time. But there are those few times, like after a long trip, where both cars will be needed the next day, that I need a little extra.
The nearest Supercharger to me is 30 miles away. Yes it is possible, yes, I've done it. (probably will today). BUT I do have 3 CCS locations within 5 miles of me.

And yes I was in a trip into the kinda black hole from Memphis to Branson MO. I had not problems getting there, it just had to route me a little out of my way. But since there was a CCS along the way, a quick 10 minutes allowed me to save an hour.

But again, I don't recommend it for new Tesla owners, need to get over range anxiety first. And there's probably no way that I'd EVER need it in California.

But as of just a week or two ago, I've got a Supercharger 5 miles away. That makes the need for the Cybertruck a lot lower.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
Per Kyle Conner on X.

I've never had the news to use the CHAdeMO adapter aside from vacationing on the Big Island, since there's no Supercharger network.

Everywhere else on the sparsely populated west coast there's plenty of SC coverage.

Not sure why this was needed.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
An interesting point, and for a new Tesla owner I don't recommend getting one. Getting over Range Anxiety isn't solved by buying every option out there, that actually just delays it.

I charge both of my cars at home, off a single 120V 15A plug. It fits my needs 95% of the time. But there are those few times, like after a long trip, where both cars will be needed the next day, that I need a little extra.
The nearest Supercharger to me is 30 miles away. Yes it is possible, yes, I've done it. (probably will today). BUT I do have 3 CCS locations within 5 miles of me.

And yes I was in a trip into the kinda black hole from Memphis to Branson MO. I had not problems getting there, it just had to route me a little out of my way. But since there was a CCS along the way, a quick 10 minutes allowed me to save an hour.

But again, I don't recommend it for new Tesla owners, need to get over range anxiety first. And there's probably no way that I'd EVER need it in California.

But as of just a week or two ago, I've got a Supercharger 5 miles away. That makes the need for the Cybertruck a lot lower.
For sure. I've personally never needed CCS adapter (i dont roadtrip outside of mountain towns in CO).

I always have either a supercharger or destination charger (or equivalent) that I use.

I used to use plugshare to look for some J1772 plugs if i really needed help but those days have long since stopped.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
What work has CCS for employees?
CCS fast charging is unlikely at work, but lots of places have level 2 J1772 charging.
My office has J1772 charging for free. Have to get to the office well before 7:30 to get one of the 6 slots. Mostly people who buy a new EV get excited to use it and show off their new car. But its only 30 amps. About 1/2the cars you see using it are Tesla. All variety of other vehicles. I have seen a couple Rivians and two other F150 Lightnings in addition to mine.

All the Teslas need to bring their own J1772 adapters.

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C

Nearest Tesla charger is in another country and is 50+ miles away or 172 miles to the nearest in country supercharger.

Yet a CCS fast charger is 45 miles away. I don't have grid power at home and use 100% solar. Sometimes depleting my home battery just isn't in the cards because of clouds.

Ones broad strokes on what others need I find often hard. After all I don't know their needs. So should one suffer because everyone is all the same, and just need to get over my range anxiety?
Sponsored