Tesla CEO Elon Musk mocks UAW, slams union over corruption

SHorzy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Yup who would want to be anything at all like the Nordic countries…. places with virtually no poverty, free education and medical for all. And EV’s everywhere.

sounds perfect thanks, but I am from Canada so what do I know.
Sponsored

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
The UAW will not allow another union to represent Tesla's line workers.

Tesla's managers are not honest?
The workers will pick which union they want. I have been a union rep for 6 different unions during my career, Bookkeepers, Retail Clerks, AreoSpace, IAM, AMFA, IBT. Every single one of them has been better than any of the shops I worked under that did not have a union. There are problems with unions but they give a voice and at least some ability to address the issues that arise from work safety and management issues.

The Craft Union model is what I would suggest. ALPA is a good example of a well run Union. Industrial unions tend to be just about numbers and that means the service of the members tends to be one size fits all.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Unless the non-union workers have shares.
I work for united airlines and the worker buy out ended in bankruptcy and disaster. I lost my pension and lived under draconian rules taking 10 years to get back to where I was in wages and still not back in benefits. Shares do not always mean that the Worker/Owner will make a company much better.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
This is the first I've heard this. So you're saying Telsa employees are making barely enough to survive?
The Bay area middle class is over $300,000 a year. Surviving on less is challenging. Minimum wage is extreme poverty in most big cities.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I work for united airlines and the worker buy out ended in bankruptcy and disaster. I lost my pension and lived under draconian rules taking 10 years to get back to where I was in wages and still not back in benefits. Shares do not always mean that the Worker/Owner will make a company much better.
No one said it would. I said workers with shares will care about the company’s success. That doesn’t mean it will be successful. Neither does a union.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
This is so off topic to be inane.
Yeah let's be like them. So charter schools and no abortions after 14 or so weeks.
You do know they allow abortion in the case of a doomed pregnancy after that point, right? Or hardship, which isn't required before 18 months?

So, more like how it is in blue states than red - you know, the states with lower maternal mortality?

And by 'charter' school, they mean schools that have to follow rules for academic success. So like, how our public schools work.

-Crissa

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I work for united airlines and the worker buy out ended in bankruptcy and disaster.
Do you have a citation for that? 'Cause it sounds like the other option was 'the company ceases to exist' and not sure how your pension would be saved then.

-Crissa

ZARDOZ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This is so off topic to be inane.

You do know they allow abortion in the case of a doomed pregnancy after that point, right? Or hardship, which isn't required before 18 months?

So, more like how it is in blue states than red - you know, the states with lower maternal mortality?

And by 'charter' school, they mean schools that have to follow rules for academic success. So like, how our public schools work.

-Crissa
Lol. City public schools in this country are a disaster.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Do you have a citation for that? 'Cause it sounds like the other option was 'the company ceases to exist' and not sure how your pension would be saved then.

-Crissa
There is lots out there on United bankruptcy. The company with the help of a crooked judge did terrible things. Claiming the Mileage rewards as a debt and 3 years later selling it for 4 billion dollars. Underfunding the pension for years on inflated self funded numbers. Forcing give bacs that took decades to recover. The ESOP was the biggest joke. Not only did I loose about 200k in paper assets , United got the tax write off. Living it from the inside it was a terrible situation and the Airlines have been sticking it to employees for even longer than they have been to passengers. I'm third generation, My dad had it pretty good but in the 90's with deregulation it all fell apart.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So neither guy who replied to me could back their statements up.

Yes, mileage programs - along with every other promised service, discount, or gift card - is debt.

And deregulation is what the anti-union guys want (and voted for) so a bit confused here as to your complaint?

-Crissa
Sponsored