JayP90X

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P90D
Country flag
That looks fantastic. I like it even better with actual headlight pieces on the sides. Gives it more of a "face" IMO. And I'm a fan of the raw stainless steel but gotta say gloss paint looks pretty darn good on the Cybertruck too!

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
I think the biggest production change would be to ditch the very expensive stainless steel and go to high strength steel and paint.

Punk77

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Unlimited Rubicon, BMW X3
Occupation
Manufacturer
Country flag
Stainless is a major part of my decision. It's really not terribly expensive. I use tons of it yearly at my business. Thought it might be good promotionally ;)

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
If people think the current design is ugly. How is this better. I love the current design and sharp edges. This makes me want to throw up in my mouth:sick:

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
Don't like it either. Looks like it was designed by a commitee rather than the work of one artisan. Here's a roof design that works if the peaked roof has to go. If the windshield has to curve, make it so slight that at a casual glance it still looks flat. Love the agressive treads too and I don't know of any reason a street vehicle can't have them. Every Jeep Wrangler I see has giant mudders on it, LOL.
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Cybertruck Render Imagines Changes Required To Reach Production cybertruck-5

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Don't like it either. Looks like it was designed by a commitee rather than the work of one artisan. Here's a roof design that works if the peaked roof has to go. If the windshield has to curve, make it so slight that at a casual glance it still looks flat. Love the agressive treads too and I don't know of any reason a street vehicle can't have them. Every Jeep Wrangler I see has giant mudders on it, LOL.
cybertruck-5.jpg
I agree, if they must remove the peak that keeps the aesthetic way more than a bulbous looking arbitrary curve.

People had the argument the tires are too wide and would not be legal in some states, and the mud terrains are not efficient. However the flares cover the tires just fine and i will definitely be adding all terrains if they are not already an option.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Painting ads quite a bit of time to the manufacturing time

Franz said there will be no logos/Badging:

Aggressive tires are legal, the offset of them wasnt

and the peaked top produces lower drag, and strength from a engineering standpoint, Also flattening that peak creates additional pieces necessary for the glass roof, i just dont see this happening...

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
Painting ads quite a bit of time to the manufacturing time

Franz said there will be no logos/Badging:

Aggressive tires are legal, the offset of them wasnt

and the peaked top produces lower drag, and strength from a engineering standpoint, Also flattening that peak creates additional pieces necessary for the glass roof, i just dont see this happening...
Interesting decision on no badges or logos. I can see how painting lengthens the production time, but badges/logos would add neglible time. Must be for aesthetic reasons?

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Interesting decision on no badges or logos. I can see how painting lengthens the production time, but badges/logos would add neglible time. Must be for aesthetic reasons?
when you see the Cybertruck, you know its the Cybertruck.....the vehicle speaks for itself
Sponsored