Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
cant debate the range impact but the noise on my 35x12.5x20's on my HD2500 is actually very good..historically not the case but the new tires are pretty legit...also have 47k miles on them and just getting ready to replace.....

Cant believe im saying this but think im going to get a model 3 performance in lieu of an M2 Competition....see if they can find the one I want before fed credit runs out in a week....guess I have the Tesla bug.

Snuups

First Name
Yannick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Country flag
Overall, I don't feel this is a "concept" vehicle, I think a few adjustments may be needed, but nothing major.
It's a prototype, not a concept. The concept is made and the they made some prototypes. We have seen them. They drive. A concept can't do that.

I am Pretty certain that the CT will come like it was shown. Not exactly. Adjustemts and optimisations will be made to get an even better car after all.

About the mirrors I don't know. In Europe you can see the first cars without side mirrors.

Not Teslas tho.

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
Ditch the stainless and I will cancel my reservation. I like all the defined edges. Tires are lame as well the nes on the prototype look legal to me.
I agree. I placed an order for the truck because it will be made of stainless steel. I do not like polishing cars or worrying about door dings or paint scratches.

SONNYDUT

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus GX470, 3x Audi A3, Honda Van, Model S, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
CAD Designer
Country flag
THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL FROM Tesla! Who ever comes up with these changes is just another car designer, Not Original. You suck!!!

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
It's a prototype, not a concept. The concept is made and the they made some prototypes. We have seen them. They drive. A concept can't do that.

I am Pretty certain that the CT will come like it was shown. Not exactly. Adjustemts and optimisations will be made to get an even better car after all.

About the mirrors I don't know. In Europe you can see the first cars without side mirrors.

Not Teslas tho.
Actually this is a concept. The Cybertruck will have an exoskeleton body/frame while all examples shown so far have been body on frame. Until we have an exoskeleton example shown IRL this will be nothing but a concept.

I am hoping the final version will be very similar looking to the current one.

Ludus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick SUV
Country flag
It just shows they don’t get it. The CyberTruck design reflects how it’s made. It’s not about arbitrary decorative decisions that can just be softened to look more conventional. Most of the changes are either unnecessary or not possible with CyberTrucks materials and manufacturing approach.

keyhere

First Name
Key
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic, KLX250S
Occupation
EE
Country flag
Actually this is a concept. The Cybertruck will have an exoskeleton body/frame while all examples shown so far have been body on frame. Until we have an exoskeleton example shown IRL this will be nothing but a concept.

I am hoping the final version will be very similar looking to the current one.
Can anyone confirm this? I haven't seen anything myself on the prototype truck that would indicate its actually body on frame.

chphilo

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), Tundra
Country flag
I like CT in its unique look. The rendering seems like an attempt to make it look somewhat similar to everyone else's truck, to take the edge off the look.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag

Alpeyev

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe Cybertruck, Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Yes, it takes a bit of energy to make that much noise. Each knob impacting the pavement dissipates energy that gets absorbed into the air and the rubber. Some of the howling noise is also the result of the air being blown by the knobby tread pattern, so depends what you call it - air resistance or noise losses. The frontal area of the tire being wider also increases aerodynamic drag for those portions extending below and outboard of the fender and flare.

People may be expecting the 500 mile range "as shown". But I suspect those off road-tires will be optional and the quoted range will be with some standard on-road highway style tires.
CT would look even meaner with staggered tires. Performance wise it might be great for a tri-motor.

Johnnyjr1000

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Cadillac CTS v black diamond coupe 2019 ATS. V coupe in wave metallic
Occupation
Mathematician , scientist , engineer
Country flag
I agree. I placed an order for the truck because it will be made of stainless steel. I do not like polishing cars or worrying about door dings or paint scratches.
Amen to that

DARKFURY1

First Name
Chauncy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
seeing that the CT has made its way into a music video along with the quad, hopefully there will be no changes

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
First. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ASK
Who the hell did this render? If it wasn't Tesla, and somebody at Tesla that was told what was required by someone that pushes the buttons then this is as sad a thread as i have ever seen (and I am on some koi forums..people paying for carp with color.)
Whenever a "render" is put on any forum and it does not give the source and who did it for what reason then it is of less value than shit. And is more of a distraction and has a negative impact on the board. And does not deserve any comments.
So? Is this "rendering" from anyone with some sense and authority... or just some crap...
Cuz the BigE made a damn big deal of the stainless steel body being what it will be because it is integral to the performance of the vehicle. Period.

Shumby

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (ordered), Nissan GTR, Nissan 370Z nismo, Infiniti FX50S, Dodge Dakota
Occupation
Sr. Maintance Engineer
Country flag
First. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO ASK
Who the hell did this render? If it wasn't Tesla, and somebody at Tesla that was told what was required by someone that pushes the buttons then this is as sad a thread as i have ever seen (and I am on some koi forums..people paying for carp with color.)
Whenever a "render" is put on any forum and it does not give the source and who did it for what reason then it is of less value than shit. And is more of a distraction and has a negative impact on the board. And does not deserve any comments.
So? Is this "rendering" from anyone with some sense and authority... or just some crap...
Cuz the BigE made a damn big deal of the stainless steel body being what it will be because it is integral to the performance of the vehicle. Period.
I like to look at the pictures.
Sponsored