JERRY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
016 Prius Eco
Occupation
MRI TECH
Country flag
I think NOT using SS would be a major deal breaker for most folks here right?

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
I think NOT using SS would be a major deal breaker for most folks here right?
No, I have to admit I wouldn't care.

I like the stainless steel as another part of the uniqueness of the Cybertruck, but certainly not a deal breaker.

Ludus

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick SUV
Country flag
Interesting decision on no badges or logos. I can see how painting lengthens the production time, but badges/logos would add neglible time. Must be for aesthetic reasons?
Painting along with dies and metal stamping multiplies capital costs over what CT would require to manufacture. Paint also has environmental costs. A steel origami exoskeleton is a major advance.

You’re right though that badges and logos wouldn’t add much cost. I suspect it’s just an aesthetic statement by Franz about the pure functionality of the design. Nothing decorative. A clean break with the traditional fanciful skin on vehicles highlighted by lack of even identifying badges. It’s an echo of Tesla not advertising to not even put on a logo or badge.

Everybody will know what it is anyway. Tesla had already been moving in the direction of eliminating badges for trim levels or features.

jwh3586

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
Don't like it either. Looks like it was designed by a commitee rather than the work of one artisan. Here's a roof design that works if the peaked roof has to go. If the windshield has to curve, make it so slight that at a casual glance it still looks flat. Love the agressive treads too and I don't know of any reason a street vehicle can't have them. Every Jeep Wrangler I see has giant mudders on it, LOL.
cybertruck-5.jpg
I hope to get this one WOW please let be this one please Elon.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I took the orange vehicle and lowered it, then changed to grey. Surprising how it makes it look wider.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla Cybertruck Render Imagines Changes Required To Reach Production cybercar

Fenestrator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Honda CRV EX-L
Occupation
Millwork Sales
Country flag
Looks fine. But keep the stainless steel which is one of the reasons I like the CT. The durability and low maintenance of the stainless over paint (which Tesla has had issues with) is a plus. I figured that rear view mirrors, legal headlights and other accouterments would have to be made to make the thing street legal.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Why do people say that the headlights need to be wider at ends to be street legal? is there a definition of the shape of headlights in regulations?

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Why do people say that the headlights need to be wider at ends to be street legal? is there a definition of the shape of headlights in regulations?
I think people are under the assumption the opening isnt big enough to produce the proper amount of light, so they say that it HAS to be bigger to be legal. Seems like pure hearsay to me.

There have been vehicles in the past that have a continuous size full width headlight, the center light bar just became cosmetic with a much more dim light, with focused beam being on either end.

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
=-)
Country flag
I like it better with straight edges and the current lights keeping it unique. Two months ago I would have said different but now I think the design as is is genius!
Sponsored

Last edited: