Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
This filing is in Hollywood. Cleverly, it’s sited on Santa Monica Blvd.. A two story rooftop serves inside-outside Calif. vibes with drinks up or down and will carhop meals to chargers for in and out efficiency. The application documents variances, zoning changes and code exceptions Tesla wants.

As Tesla’s unique tinseltown signature location it will definitely attract and couldn’t be more convenient. Planting a building smack dab in charging heaven max’s dual-use. “Looky-Lou’s” might be a good name for the destination rooftop bar. But I wish the site was more generous.
Sponsored

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Santa Monica Blvd ? ... maybe Sheryl Crowe can make an update to her song "All I Wanna Do", including the Tesla diner in the lyrics, maybe also replacing the part about "...shiny Datsuns and Buicks", with "...stainless Cybertrucks and Plaids". :)

Last edited:

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Santa Monica Blvd ? ... maybe Cheryl Crowe can make an update to her song "All I Wanna Do", including the Tesla diner in the lyrics, maybe also replacing the part about "...shiny Datsuns and Buicks", with "...stainless Cybertrucks and Plaids". :)
😎. I’m eating Subaru’s and Cadillac’s, eating cars and bars…

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
😎. I’m eating Subaru’s and Cadillac’s, eating cars and bars…
Aren't you confusing the song "All I wanna Do" by Cheryl Crow, with the song "Rapture" by Blondie? We're kind of getting of topic, but my reference to the song was both a Diner, and Santa Monica Blvd, both of which were part of Sheryl Crow's "All I Wanna Do". Just sayin'.

Last edited:

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
They can plug you in and fill you up LOL

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Aren't you confusing the song "All I wanna Do" by Cheryl Crow, with the song "Rapture" by Blondie? We're kind of getting of topic, but my reference to the song was both a Diner, and Santa Monica Blvd, both of which were part of Cheryl Crow's "All I Wanna Do". Just sayin'.
😊. I love music so much that many songs play in my head at the same time 🎶

OP
OP
rr6013

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Elon’s Diner eats up too much parking.

Tesla need to redesign its Hollywood Diner/ charging station. Like this!
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla files building plans for diner E93E9DFD-6321-469A-9C97-E796FAAE4A8F

Elevate the diner over charging stations and use a NASA elevator to ascend up to check out the scene!

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Santa Monica Blvd ? ... maybe Sheryl Crowe can make an update to her song "All I Wanna Do", including the Tesla diner in the lyrics, maybe also replacing the part about "...shiny Datsuns and Buicks", with "...stainless Cybertrucks and Plaids". :)
'Sperfect.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Is this a true Tesla project or are they granting a license for some other entity to use the name?
It is marketing genius no matter which.
I can envision "Cruise Ins" where all models of Teslas make a loop between this spot and other locations.
One of my favorite things to do in the days of my misspent youth.
Cruising my hotrod 70 Mercury Comet in Montgomery topped off with some late night street racing on the Atlanta Highway.

WA-CyberDriver

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Dual Motor
Country flag
Elon’s Diner eats up too much parking.

Tesla need to redesign its Hollywood Diner/ charging station. Like this!
E93E9DFD-6321-469A-9C97-E796FAAE4A8F.jpeg

Elevate the diner over charging stations and use a NASA elevator to ascend up to check out the scene!
This is an interesting idea. Maximize the plot real estate for charging with a big area for restaurant (and perhaps a few other small shops and/or inside/outside lounging) up above. The building portion would also provide shade for the vehicles while they are being charged--reducing A/C and perhaps some battery cooling in the process. You'd lose a little space in the charging area for elevator/stairs and utilities access, though. But not much.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
This is an interesting idea. Maximize the plot real estate for charging with a big area for restaurant (and perhaps a few other small shops and/or inside/outside lounging) up above. The building portion would also provide shade for the vehicles while they are being charged--reducing A/C and perhaps some battery cooling in the process. You'd lose a little space in the charging area for elevator/stairs and utilities access, though. But not much.
building over the charger should be roofted wiith solar panels or solar roof tiles

WA-CyberDriver

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck - Dual Motor
Country flag
building over the charger should be roofted wiith solar panels or solar roof tiles
Those can go on the building roofs, and shading canopies for those enjoying the outdoors.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
that circley shape reminds me of something...

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla files building plans for diner FTUcEckXsAAQ5x
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla files building plans for diner cc882cd60e09f25e0108ed39299e0990-3432346695

i wonder how fast it can do the kessel run