Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
https://shop.tesla.com/product/wireless-charging-platform?sku=1799799-00-A

Description
Inspired by the angular design and metallic styling of Cybertruck, our Wireless Charging Platform provides 15W of fast charging power per device for up to three devices simultaneously. Its sleek design is composed of an aluminum housing, premium alcantara surface and a detachable magnetic stand that allows you to lay the charger flat or at an angle for better viewing. Featuring FreePower® technology, which charges your Qi capable devices such as phones or earbuds placed anywhere on its surface without precise alignment.

Includes:
  • Wireless Charging Platform
  • USB-C cable integrated with wireless charger
  • 65W USB-C power adapter
  • Magnetic detachable stand

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla launches Cybertruck design inspired wireless charger 1799799-00-A_0_2000

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla launches Cybertruck design inspired wireless charger 1799799-00-A_1_2000

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla launches Cybertruck design inspired wireless charger 1799799-00-A_2_2000
Sponsored

Deleted member 12457

This isn't even CT related, it won't work in a CT unless the CT includes a standard 120V outlet in the cab. I see it as a waste of engineering time along with too much free time when they should be getting the CT ready for production.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
This isn't even CT related, it won't work in a CT unless the CT includes a standard 120V outlet in the cab. I see it as a waste of engineering time along with too much free time when they should be getting the CT ready for production.
Do you really imagine that a Cybertruck engineer was pulled off to order these?

-Crissa

Deleted member 12457

Do you really imagine that a Cybertruck engineer was pulled off to order these?

-Crissa
Doesn't look like it. This is an Aira corporation Freepower product (founded in 2017). They're located in Phoneix, AZ, and, get this: "Under the Aira banner, we brought home a three-shark deal on Shark Tank, won numerous prestigious awards, and successfully launched multiple consumer products with Nomad and others." I can't believe Elon went with a Shark Tank product and I wonder whether any of their 15 patents will hold up in court.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This is equivalent to suggesting NFL teams have key players take a couple days off of practice to design their bobble heads for sale in the branded merch stores.

Tesla engineers don’t work on these any more than they design their tee shirts or boxers. Someone in their merchandizing department sent a request to an outside company to design and manufacture these.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I hope it works better than the wireless charging pads in my Model Y. I submitted a service request for mine and the service chat person suggested using a USB cable instead... LOL Then said I can try turning my phone upside down, which admittedly did work on one of the pads. They went on to say that Tesla engineers are working on fixing the problem and that it's an issue for some phones. Oddly, my partner's iphone, which has the same problem in my Y, did charge easily on a 2021 Model 3's wireless pads. That didn't move Tesla service though who basically to bad, so sad.

Seems kind of annoying for a $70K vehicle...
Sponsored