JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So are you now trying to agree with rlhamil now with his statement "The whole concept of "woke" is appalling," ?

And although I can appreciate your effort to update me on the state of US affairs, I'm well aware of it.

Regardless, it still does not justify the forum behaviour.
Sponsored

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Elon is right, wokeism is a mind virus. It's a form of marxism in the sense that it seeks to tear down existing value structures to make way for a new "equitable" (authoritarian) system. More specifically, it includes the ideologies of intersectionality and collectivism. Virtue signaling is a key characteristic of the infected. The virus is spread by big tech and corporate media. Those who espouse wokeism do not appear capable of thinking for themselves, hence the NPC meme.

There are many on this forum who's posts have been extremely insightful on a wide variety of topics, only to revert to pre-programmed talking points when it comes to this stuff. That's why Elon calls it a mind virus. It turns you into an NPC.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Marxist? The/any stock market? That is hilarious :)
The SJWs are mostly marxist. Wall Street isn't, but the games played by either are frequently misleading and influenced by considerations other than what they acknowledge (at least what they say to the general public, not necessarily what they say to one another).

edit: the current Administration has a big hate for anything non-union; and a lot of corporate players have gone way over to the left - which doesn't make much sense, since if they lean obviously either way, they're offending about half their customers. So their real reasons may have little enough to do with what they say.

Someone is again confused with economics and politics.

Angry with the unions when it's the insatiable greed of big banks and big business that put the country's economy into tailspin.

Have you heard of the unions causing us a $9trillion deficit because of tax cuts?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I have a problem with all injustice, as should all. But you said:

Thats sounds to me like you don't 100% agree with the usage of woke either, ie agree with rlhamil that the concept is faulty or misused?

Injustice is injustice. Being aware is only the first step, if its not followed by an explicit act to adress the injustice the awareness alone is pointless. There needs to be an appropriate output to compensate for the input. Hence "wokeness" is a crazy concept that has no purpose in of itself. Aka vitue signalling etc. Lets explore.

Definition of injustice:

1 : absence of justice : violation of right or of the rights of another : unfairness. 2 : an unjust act : wrong.

So when someone does an "injustice" and nobody says something to correct it, or doesn't see that their own bias is clouding their own judgement, and shoehorns another persons perspective, "fact" or opinion, or even worse distorts what was said by the other to fit that same bias or bigotry, for promoting ones own ideology, without regard for others, then how is that in any way "woke" let alone a "justified" act?

Do as you preach, or don't preach. This is otherwise labelled as "hypocrisy". It starts with the small things like forum posts.

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Wow so no response to the content of my post on your quest to explain something I already know of, being a perspective that I don't agree with? Are you trying to prove what I am saying intentionally? :cool:

Do I need to rephrase what I said about the concept or will that still result in the same response?

Let me try simply: knowing something doesn't help if you don't do anything about it.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Ok sure let me try again a bit louder. :)

The conversation about "woke" started with the statement it was "an appalling concept".

I tried to explain this was true, in that specificly "knowing" or being "aware" about an injustice is not enough in itself, and it needs an "action" to be in any way meaningful.

That means we who observe "injustice" have a direct "response-ability" to stop such behaviour from continuing, by acting on that observation of injustice.

In this case your own bias seems to of let you ignore what I was actually saying, which is a form of prejudice. Being a form of premature justice, or making a judgement without knowledge, based on faulty information.

Simple example:
I called out the quote manipulation.
You tried to justify it by lecturing me on woke, and that I was missing US connotations.

I rebutted that by saying; knowing is only the first step to making progress, we need to act on that knowledge otherwise that knowledge will go to waste.

Lets visualise that:
You are driving down the highway and a young child chases a ball accross the street in front of you. You obviously can see and therefore "know" the ball and the child are in the wrong place and are in immediate danger. That "awareness" should result in you responding appropriately in kind. So you brake, put the car hazards on and ensure the child is safely returned to his home, hopefully with a few encouaging words to their parents on how they might improve their custodianship.

Now just being aware did not automatically bring about the right behaviour here. You could of just swerved and sworn under your breath "that was close" and carried on your merry way thinking someone else will fix it, or he will be ok, or its too dangerous to get out on the highway, or even worse: thats not my problem to do something about.

For there to be "social justice" it doesn't require better rules, better courts, better enforcement or even better "education" or knowledge as such. Just better people that care for others at least as much as themselves, if not a little bit more, and act accordingly.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Elon is right, [being aware of discrimination] is a mind virus.
Let's edit this and try to figure out what you meant.

It's a form of [random negative term] in the sense that it seeks to tear down existing value structures to make way for a new "equitable" ([negative word]) system. More specifically, it includes the ideologies of [realizing that discrimination can happen in more than one way at once] and [negative word for community spirit]. [Doing nice things] is a key characteristic of the infected. The virus is spread by [word of mouth] and [companies who want to sell to them]. Those who espouse [being aware of discrimination] do not appear capable of thinking for themselves, hence the [treating them as disposable].
Probably you should consider what it is you're saying.

Are you really saying you should have no community spirit? And not be polite and respectful to your neighbors? And being respectful is equal to being characters that are stomped, shot, and with no ability to choose their own decisions?

That's not free thinking, that's narcissism, isn't it?

-Crissa

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

Are you really saying you should have no community spirit and be polite and respectful to your neighbors? And being respectful is equal to being characters that are stomped, shot, and with no ability to choose their own decisions?

That's not free thinking, that's narcissism.

-Crissa
Do you know what respect is?

Respect:
noun
a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
"the director had a lot of respect for Douglas as an actor"

due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others.
"young people's lack of respect fortheir parents"

It would seem you have little for yourself let alone someone else, or the ideas they write and express. From time to time you should consider that your own perception is fallible and use more external ques to correct inappropriate behaviour. :unsure:

Last edited:

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
That's what I've been trying to do?

Let me ask you this regarding knowledge: is it better to act on the little you know or to know lots and not act at all on it?

CostcoSamples

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Odyssey
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

Are you really saying you should have no community spirit? And not be polite and respectful to your neighbors? And being respectful is equal to being characters that are stomped, shot, and with no ability to choose their own decisions?

That's not free thinking, that's narcissism, isn't it?

-Crissa
Changing my words is very convenient for you. I think they call that a strawman... Anyway, you might find it helpful to read up on marxism, it seems you might not know what it is.

But to address your question, yes I do like community spirit. And I like polite and respectful conduct, yes. but I don't know what you mean about characters being stomped, shot, and no decision power?

Anyway, getting back to the evils of ESG scores... Perhaps it started as an honest attempt to steer financial markets but as with many levers of power nowadays, I believe it has been overtaken by the malicious. To paraphrase Elon, the appearance of doing good is not what matters (ESG score is in that category, IMO). Actually doing good can be really hard.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.