Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Alright.

I just spent the last 2 days driving over multiple mountain passes. It’s always fun to be zooming up a pass and come to two 18 wheelers. One in the slow lane and one trying desperately to pass in the passing lane.

It made me think how jealous all the truck drivers are going to be when they start getting passed up by a Tesla Semi with a full load going uphill and accelerating like a mid-range SUV.

Also, note to self. Watch out for those Tesla Semis. Wouldn’t want to get into a spat with one something akin to the movie Duel.
Sponsored

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
Having been a Commercial Driver and driven many "dragon flies" (dragging up one side of the mountain and flying down the other side) I can relate to being stuck in a slow crawl up a steep mountain.
Detroit diesels were notorious for hauling ass on flat land and dragging ass up hills.
I once drove a Freightliner with a 318 Detroit with a 13 speed transmission. If you said "hill" on the CB radio it would drop ten miles an hour on level pavement. Detroits were two stroke diesels and you had to keep them wound out to the redline to get any power out of them. Drive it like you stole it.
One issue I can see is a heavy footed driver flying up a hill grossing 80k pounds and rear ending a slower truck that changed lanes not realizing how fast the Tesla was going.
Maybe FSD will solve that problem.