Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
currently 2000 Chrysler Town & Country minivan
Occupation
retired computer programmer and consultant
Country flag
broke $1105 a share today!!
...after first closing at over $1000 just this past Monday! :)))
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Buy it now at the FOMO price.

Train is leaving the station, next stopā€¦.

OP
OP
Gordon E Peterson II

Gordon E Peterson II

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Market has been weird this week. On most days it rose during the dayā€¦ then rose more during after hours trading. Today is no exception. Right now itā€™s trading at 1128 in AH.
$1168.74 right now. ;-)

OP
OP
Gordon E Peterson II

Gordon E Peterson II

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah, itā€™s gotten quite upside-down. Donā€™t fall in love with this value, at some point itā€™s going to top off and revert back a bit.
well, not yet... just hit $1,184.96. ;-)

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
well, not yet... just hit $1,184.96. ;-)
I am as pro Tesla, pro TSLA as you can get so let us remember a few things your granny taught you:

Donā€™t count your chickens before theyā€™re hatched.
What goes up, may go down.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
You gotta know when to hold ā€˜em, know when to fold ā€˜em. You donā€™t count your money until the dealings done.
Gains on paper donā€™t mean squat until you sell your position. Until then itā€™s mental masturbation.

Okay, that last one may have been only my granny, but you get the point. Celebrate your wins when you cash in your stock. Stuff happens. The stock market could plunge (Dot Com bust, 9-11, Black Tuesday ā€¦.). We all have seen stocks rise up sky high and then crash. Tesla isnā€™t Enron, but you get the point. I think the fundamentals of TSLA are out of proportion to the price/share, but I am gleeful nonetheless.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think the fundamentals of TSLA are out of proportion to the price/share, but I am gleeful nonetheless.
I think Tesla is the stock which is perpetually overpriced but then six months later you shoot yourself for not owning.

Teslas share price makes sense when you think about it.

Tesla is almost certain to sell every EV they make for the next 3-5 years well before it leaves their factory. They are growing their sales at 50% per year and growing margins at the same time. Their competition is currently incapable of producing enough cars to reduce demand for Teslas at all.

There are things Teslas competitors could to in order to change things, but save perhaps VW, none of their competitors seems to grasp that ICE vehicle sales are going to fall off a cliff sometime in the next 5-10 years.

So weā€™re left with a world where Tesla and perhaps one other car maker dominate the field. Teslaā€™s 30% margins and lead in vehicle automation allows them to rake in profits.

Tesla also has similar crazy ideas for changing the solar industry and power storage Which is pretty cornerstone to the 21st century grid. Some people think that piece will be worth more than the auto piece.

I can totally understand how you could be skeptical this is the way things end up, but every year that passes, it seems more likely the TSLA fans are right.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I think Tesla is the stock which is perpetually overpriced but then six months later you shoot yourself for not owning.

Teslas share price makes sense when you think about it.

Tesla is almost certain to sell every EV they make for the next 3-5 years well before it leaves their factory. They are growing their sales at 50% per year and growing margins at the same time. Their competition is currently incapable of producing enough cars to reduce demand for Teslas at all.

There are things Teslas competitors could to in order to change things, but save perhaps VW, none of their competitors seems to grasp that ICE vehicle sales are going to fall off a cliff sometime in the next 5-10 years.

So weā€™re left with a world where Tesla and perhaps one other car maker dominate the field. Teslaā€™s 30% margins and lead in vehicle automation allows them to rake in profits.

Tesla also has similar crazy ideas for changing the solar industry and power storage Which is pretty cornerstone to the 21st century grid. Some people think that piece will be worth more than the auto piece.

I can totally understand how you could be skeptical this is the way things end up, but every year that passes, it seems more likely the TSLA fans are right.
Don't forget insurance, FSD, robotics (a little more distant).

If Tesla continue to execute as well as they have their value will be justified even at higher multiples than now.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Don't forget insurance, FSD, robotics (a little more distant).

If Tesla continue to execute as well as they have their value will be justified even at higher multiples than now.
Indeed.

Also, here is a weird one if true. Someone dug into the source code of the Tesla app and found that the way the app will work is Superchargers will charge 2 rates to non-Tesla owners. Either a higher base rate, or a ā€œMembershipā€œ rate. Tesla owners just pay the membership rate.

Iā€™m not sure if they will be able to do this in the US or not, but it suggests that Tesla will be adding a recurring membership fee to their revenue streams from some non-Tesla owners who want to use the network regularly.

Deleted member 11233

Also, here is a weird one if true. Someone dug into the source code of the Tesla app and found that the way the app will work is Superchargers will charge 2 rates to non-Tesla owners. Either a higher base rate, or a ā€œMembershipā€œ rate. Tesla owners just pay the membership rate.
The one sure way to gain revenue for installing more Superchargers is to charge a "subscription fee" to non-Tesla owners. More Superchargers=less angst by Tesla owners who encounter existing Superchargers blocked by electric VWs, Toyotas, Yugos, or whatever mongrel brand may come along.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I am as pro Tesla, pro TSLA as you can get so let us remember a few things your granny taught you:

Donā€™t count your chickens before theyā€™re hatched.
What goes up, may go down.
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
You gotta know when to hold ā€˜em, know when to fold ā€˜em. You donā€™t count your money until the dealings done.
Gains on paper donā€™t mean squat until you sell your position. Until then itā€™s mental masturbation.

Okay, that last one may have been only my granny, but you get the point. Celebrate your wins when you cash in your stock. Stuff happens. The stock market could plunge (Dot Com bust, 9-11, Black Tuesday ā€¦.). We all have seen stocks rise up sky high and then crash. Tesla isnā€™t Enron, but you get the point. I think the fundamentals of TSLA are out of proportion to the price/share, but I am gleeful nonetheless.
I agree, it's not that difficult to hold onto Tesla when it slides down from lofty heights when you bought it at a bargain, and you're confident that the best of times are a long way off. But buying at over $1200 right now, feels short term risky. There really isn't that much difference between now, and Tesla that was trading at under $600 for a month between May and early June. I bought as much as I could then. But right now I'm watching a waiting, and actually hoping to find a bargain before Christmas. I may or may not get my wish.
Sponsored