Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Ok, it's been a long time since I've done any writing on investing, it used to be a hobby of mine and I wrote a few articles for Seeking Alpha for a bit.

This is kind of a fun time to follow Tesla. So far this year the stock has been in a bit of doldrums. The market as a whole is weird and I think people are just fatigued. For Tesla, everything is running like a well oiled (but weird) machine. It's been a good year for the company and profitability, but boring for investors. I think things are about to begin to get interesting as a few balls are up in the air and the shit is about to hit the fan. The next 6 months looks like a pretty exciting time if you follow Tesla stock.

Chinese Exports
Tesla started exporting cars from China to the EU. Those cars are currently en-route on a ship somewhere, but due to hit the shores of Europe by the end of this quarter. Around the same time those are getting unloaded from the boat, Tesla is going to crank up deliveries in China. In July, Tesla's Chinese factory exported a huge percentage of their cars, bound for Europe. August and September we'll see lots of Chinese Teslas delivered and the first wave of European Model Ys hitting the street.

Musk even tweeted a response to confirm this is their strategy. "Tesla makes cars for export in first half of quarter & for local market in second half. "

This isn't a huge deal, but expect deliveries in this quarter to be pretty healthy.

Giga Berlin
Musk is optimistic that Giga Berlin will start cranking out cars by October. Lots of regulatory/ approval issues there, so that might be optimistic, but if Berlin production starts ramping up, that will be a giant bump in Tesla's production numbers. Likely adds another 250,000+ per year to Teslas 1,000,000+ per year delivery rate.

Giga Texas
In spite of the fact that it's hugely unlikely the Cybertruck will be online by year end, it's almost certain we'll see Model Ys rolling out by year end. Based on comments by Musk, that's another 250,000+ unit/ year production line. On top of that, even without the 4680 coming online, the Model Ys coming out of Texas should have higher margins than the Model Ys coming out of Fremont due to the Gigapress on the front end.

4680/ Structural Battery
This is the giant of giant catalysts. It's also our bane here at CT Owners Club. I think a lot of people are frustrated at the mention of the 4680, but this is going to enable so much for Tesla. Not only is it crucial to the Cybertruck and the Semi, it will be a huge cost savings and weight savings on the Model Y as well. It's also certain to be the foundation for all further Tesla vehicles.

Or it'll be a giant trainwreck and skunk up Teslas plans for years... this is probably the single biggest risk to Teslas plans going forward. I do think they will figure it out. But if Tesla crashes and burns, this is probably going to be a big part of it.

Cybertruck/ Semi
Yeah... two new amazing, awesome products. Also, once the Cybertruck comes online that's a 3rd massive new production line. This why the 4680 is so crucial. If Tesla doesn't deliver, they've spent a huge pile of cash building a factory that will be idle.

Summary/ Giga New Year
By this time next year, there is a solid chance Tesla will be cranking out new vehicles at a rate of 1.5-2 million vehicles per year. That is the big news here. Tesla is likely to fall just short of delivering 1 million vehicles this year, but they are almost certain to hit 1.5 million next year and have a run rate of 2 million+ per year by the end of 2022. Q4 2021 and Q1 2022 are going to be pretty huge for Tesla.

TSLA is a weird/ high risk high growth stock, and it's been stuck for most of this year. I think the events coming over the next 6 months or so are going to giggle lever a bit and unstuck the stock. Lots of catalysts.

Disclaimer... I own TSLA. I'm going to be doing some weird things with options over the next few months.

Tesla Cybertruck Tesla (TSLA) Catalysts for 2021/ 2022 E8cNMXoXEAIZKo9
Sponsored

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Yeah, maybe...

Elon is the problem for TSLA. Elon doesn't posture or position himself or Tesla for profit. Elon says stuff that isn't conducive to a positive valuation. Elon wants to save the world and its people, and this is both a problem for profitability, but also a benefit for being "green". And finally, and very importantly, Tesla has lost surprise.

Everyone has an answer for Tesla's EV revolution - some are only half answers (hybrids), others full-on, reputable answers. This isn't helpful to TSLA being as unbridled in the marketplace as it was. Today, the public also doesn't understand a relatively new business having $1 trillion market cap. Right as this market cap was being discussed, was when TSLA hit $900, turned; and hasn't seen $800 since. As I've said, TSLA is a buy below $600 (long term) - I stand by that. peace

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
the Model Ys coming out of Texas should have higher margins than the Model Ys coming out of Fremont due to the Gigapress on the front end.
Not only that, but Giga Austin will be a more efficient, state-of-the-art factory than Fremont.

If Tesla doesn't deliver, they've spent a huge pile of cash building a factory that will be idle.
You seem doubtful in this statement. Tesla will deliver. Take that to the bank and cash it ;)

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Elon is doing some diplomacy to help things move along.

Elon Musk visits Germany, meets with state leaders over 'gigafactory'
By Reuters Staff

FRANKFURT (Reuters) -Tesla CEO Elon Musk on Wednesday evening met with the leadership of Brandenburg, the German state where the group's 5.8 billion euro ($6.9 billion) European gigafactory is being built, its Economy Minister Joerg Steinbach said on Twitter here.

Elon Musk is flying to Tesla Gigafactory Berlin, Germany, and would have a dedicated factory tour for Brandenburg and Berlin residents to showcase what is inside its European plant. Here, the CEO said that the residents of the area would be the top priority.

However, he did not close the doors for other audiences as it is open to the public.

FUERSTENWALDE, GERMANY - SEPTEMBER 03: Tesla head Elon Musk arrives to have a look at the construction site of the new Tesla Gigafactory near Berlin on September 03, 2020 near Gruenheide, Germany. Musk is currently in Germany where he met with vaccine maker CureVac on Tuesday, with which Tesla has a cooperation to build devices for producing RNA vaccines, as well as German Economy Minister Peter Altmaier yesterday.

https://www.techtimes.com/articles/...sla-giga-berlin-give-factory-tour-october.htm

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You seem doubtful in this statement. Tesla will deliver. Take that to the bank and cash it ;)
When I think in terms of invest ing in a company I like to think in terms of what the negative outcome would look like. Not assigning a probability, just acknowledging it’s possible.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
important note, as one of the younger(about 30) people on here... when im talking about stocks with people around my age and younger, Tesla is almost always our most held, and possibly traded stock.
Sponsored