Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
If it came with the truck as standard equipment, I would take it out and it would just be one more thing to find a place to store at home. I don't like it being in there all the time because, when you need to fold up the seats for any special cargo, I would be unlikely to have remembered (or known) to remove it beforehand.

I can't think of anything I would want with me all the time that wouldn't fit in the basement of the vault.
Since the bed isn't waterproof, that back seat becomes very important for storage, especially on rainy days. Lifting the seats and putting in a 40 pack of water won't work when you have that under seat storage. Anything that's large and clean goes into the back seat of my truck with the seats up, my bed is used for work things, because it is normally a bit dirty.
Sponsored

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Are you suggesting it is impossible to break into a cybertruck? Or that it will never happen? Cause you would most definitely be wrong
It won’t happen. The Stainless Steel, Vault Cover and Armored glass will protect it. It’s amazing!! Like Elon said Indestructible.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Me personally, if I don't have rear passengers (very very rare that I do) I will always have the rear seats in the upright position. :) Now if I consistently did have rear passengers, I likely would opt for this. BTW, thanks OP for the review.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
It won’t happen. The Stainless Steel, Vault Cover and Armored glass will protect it. It’s amazing!! Like Elon said Indestructible.
Dude. You gotta stop with this. Your non stop fanboy posts are getting embarrassing.

I get it that you’re trying to be positive but people can no longer tell if you serious or being a troll.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
I wonder if someone will make an underseat storage that attaches to the bottom of the seat itself so that when you raise the seat you have access to the storage area. Also a split-seat idea would work for something like this.
That is a really good idea if you just came up with it. Might eat a little room when the seats are up but you could organize things really well like that and be a very efficient use of space.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Received the $250 plastic Tesla Underseat Storage Bin late last week. It’s comprised of a single piece of plastic that extends across the width of the full rear seat area and contours to the shape of the seat bottoms. There are two removable inner small bins that you might remove if you have a wider piece of gear to store.

What I like most about it:
  • With your seats lowered, gear is well hidden in the storage bins because the shape conforms so well to the seats
  • The two removable bins are a smart way to make the storage modular

What I like the least:
  • The material doesn’t feel particularly high quality, especially for the $250 price point. That said, would any piece of plastic feel like it’s worth $250? Probably not. Also, everyone who has received this piece of kit is surprised that because of the poor interior packing, the smaller bins tumble around and scuff up the plastic. Those scuffs seem to rub out at least.
  • The two velcro attachment points for the bin don’t feel particularly secure or sturdy. A third party might be able to use a rubber or plastic piece that clips onto the same crossbar Tesla’s bin velcros onto which would allow you to pull out underseat storage and lock it back into place like a cubby rather than having to raise the rear seats.
  • On that note, it would be great to have an underseat storage option that is even more modular by having two separate compartments (1/3 under the passenger side rear seat and 2/3 under the driver side seat). Any third party selling a design like this for something like $75 for the passenger side and $125 for the driver side would probably do well.

IMG_6205.jpeg

IMG_6209.jpeg

IMG_6206.jpeg

IMG_6208.jpeg

The seat angle is comfy? Optical illusion?

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Meh. I think a lot of folks prefer having the open space under their seats available tbh.
I definitely do - throw motocross gear bags back there, awkward with the Tesla storage box sitting there in the way of floor space...I have a steel lock box one in my GMC and it get's in the way...so no go for me. What I want is something that doesn't protrude beyond the seats folded up - definitely cuts back on storage space but still useful and doesn't take floorspace away

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Dude. You gotta stop with this. Your non stop fanboy posts are getting embarrassing.

I get it that you’re trying to be positive but people can no longer tell if you serious or being a troll.
Man, stop it already, and leave him alone. Don't be a bully. Besides, I love being adored!
Sponsored