cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
That’s awesome man! I still haven’t received any message from Tesla in my app. I’d love to try this with my rep when they reach out. And I ordered on 12/26/24. Hopefully they reach out soon.
So after "downgrading" to non-FS I got email with Powershare survey which I filled out about a week ago. just got email confirming my eligibility for Powershare :)
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla will change Foundation Series order to Non-FS without penalty (YMMV) 1706939686027

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Did you get invite to configure FS?
If not there is no need to "start new conversation", just ignore invite and wait for non-FS

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
So after "downgrading" to non-FS I got email with Powershare survey which I filled out about a week ago. just got email confirming my eligibility for Powershare :)
1706939686027.png
How did you know that Tesla approved your order to non FS?

GateFather

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 AWD Model 3, 2023 AWD Model Y
Country flag
Called Tesla today in southern NJ and asked about this. They said the foundation series cannot be changed to a non-foundation series and delivered in the same time frame (FS Truck without additional package items). They did say that if you were to do this, exactly what happened to OP would happen. They would just put your order on hold and once your RN came up to purchase non FS Cybertruck, they would contact you and have you finish the order that way. But they said it wouldn’t be different than just waiting to order now, other than being out the $1,000 now rather than later. At least that’s what they told me.

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Called Tesla today in southern NJ and asked about this. They said the foundation series cannot be changed to a non-foundation series and delivered in the same time frame (FS Truck without additional package items). They did say that if you were to do this, exactly what happened to OP would happen. They would just put your order on hold and once your RN came up to purchase non FS Cybertruck, they would contact you and have you finish the order that way. But they said it wouldn’t be different than just waiting to order now, other than being out the $1,000 now rather than later. At least that’s what they told me.
thanks for update @GateFather ! sounds like there is somewhat official internal guidance being communicated to sales field. :)

GateFather

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 AWD Model 3, 2023 AWD Model Y
Country flag
thanks for update @GateFather ! sounds like there is somewhat official internal guidance being communicated to sales field. :)
Sure thing. One thing we may or may not have learned is that timing for non-FS AWD may be around October. It could also just be a best guess of a sales person as well, though. I have my finger on the order button for the AWD FS but I can’t (yet) bring myself to push it haha.

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Sure thing. One thing we may or may not have learned is that timing for non-FS AWD may be around October. It could also just be a best guess of a sales person as well, though. I have my finger on the order button for the AWD FS but I can’t (yet) bring myself to push it haha.
yeah, I had "Oct. 31, 2024 the earliest"
Tesla Cybertruck Tesla will change Foundation Series order to Non-FS without penalty (YMMV) 1707018859928

now it says "we'll let you know"

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
1706939686027.png
Prime example of how the two departments/companies barely talk to each other.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
I contacted Tesla again today. They were able to put my Cyberbeast FS reservation on hold for couple of months. I'm one of the early reservation holder (RN11275**). They confirmed that I'll be able to buy non-FS Trimotor later or buy FS CB after two months if I change my mind. The only reason I'm deferring is to sell my other vehicles. I don't want to get auto loan. Last month Tesla had told me that I need to proceed to take FS delivery if VIN gets assigned. Looks like they have an internal change in policy. Probably because FS demand is still strong? Either ways, I'm glad early reservation holders have flexibility.

Before someone says I'm back at the end of the line - NO, I'm not. The reservation is still active. :)
Sponsored