Tesla's NEW 4680 Battery Destroys Solid State Battery Competition - Very Good News for the CyberTruck!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
And that will be false.

Ford is playing games with the range by claiming it's with 1000 lbs. in the bed. Here's why:

The Lightning doesn't have adjustable suspension. That means it will ride bed high, when empty, like my 2010 F-150 does. My truck gets worse mileage with an empty bed than it does with a load in it. That's because riding bed high creates a low pressure area under the truck which increases drag at freeway speeds dramatically. Putting a load in the bed levels the truck and increases range due to considerably better aerodynamics. When Ford claims the Lightning's range is 300 miles with 1000 lbs. in the bed, they want you to think it will be even farther empty. Sadly, that will not be the case.

The Cybertruck does not have this issue because Tesla wisely decided to have fully adjustable suspension so it can self-level for maximum range, empty or loaded. As many of you know, it can also lower it's height on the freeway to further extend range far beyond anything the Lightning can even dream of.
This nonsense about 400 miles range from Ford has gotten so much free publicity for them, I hoke MKBHD (is that right) got paid well for that advertorial. They should pay him a nickel for every time that gets retweeted or posted on a forum, he could retire from the YouTube game.
Sponsored