Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Where? I don't see a URL or author.

-Crissa

Two URLs……bold print…click. The click on following topics….is this a joke?

Tesla Q2 2021 earnings results
The automaker has now released its Q2 2021 results and it shows a significant beat of both revenue and earnings expectations with revenue of $11.958 billion and earnings of $1.45 per share (non-GAAP).

Tesla was more profitable than expected this quarter:

In the second quarter of 2021, we broke new and notable records. We produced and delivered over 200,000 vehicles, achieved an operating margin of 11.0% and exceeded $1B of GAAP net income for the first time in our history.
It resulted in a strong free cash flow of over $600 million, but Tesla repaid $1.6 billion – resulting in a decrease of cash-on-hand:

Quarter-end cash and cash equivalents decreased to $16.2B in Q2, driven mainly by net debt and finance lease repayments of $1.6B, partially offset by free cash flow of $619M.
Tesla’s automotive gross margins have improved to 28% (25% without regulatory credits) this quarter with operating margin now reaching 11%.

We will be posting our follow-up posts here about the earnings and conference call to expand on the most important points (refresh the page to see the most recent posts):

Here’s Tesla’s Q2 2021 shareholder letter and presentation in full:
Sponsored

OP
OP
LDRHAWKE

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
NEVER MIND
Sorry…I don’t understand what you are even asking. I simply restated and put into one post the meat of these articles. Am I the original source by doing that …No. if you would read the article I have basically simply restated what the articles said in a more condensed format and adding my comments….like we all do. Sorry I am lost with your question….where did you get the article and who wrote it? I wrote it but don’t take credit for someone else’s comments. Which I keep referencing and posted.

OP
OP
LDRHAWKE

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Anyone that believes that solar and battery energy is going to take over anytime soon doesn’t understand where we presently get our energy from.
The potential of the Cybertruck battery is in simply damping the peak demand in certain parts of the country. Not that is not important and growing in significance, but it will have to grow over 90% To save the world. I personally don’t believe it really is about saving the world, it is more about efficiency using the energy available to us….as we understand energy now. That is always on the verge of changing.

Tesla Cybertruck The Cyber Truck may pay for itself. 1631744519879

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

Marcia Litsinger

First Name
Marcia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Kia Nero hybrid, Cadillac Escalade.
Occupation
farmer
Country flag
Don't know this first hand. Just a story from a Nevada old timer (I just traveller in RV passing thru the state coming from SoCal).

He said that the state gave up the energy that will be produced in the solar array that instead go to be exported to California.

Then when a Democratic Governor and a slew of party-mate senators and representatives, they realized the state has also a dream of carbon-free energy future.

Too late, all contracts have been signed, sealed and delivered.
When we went to solar presentation at the University in Reno 35 years ago They were working on molten salts to store the power. Since that time there are several plants doing just that. As I said 35 years ago who were the politicians that sold us out? Again not to be contrary just factual.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
The difference is the Doofus that hits the power pole knocks out power to a few hundred homes. The Doofus Governors that believe wind power is back power knocks out power to few million homes.
Actually, I'm at the end of a 187 mile run according to the OG&E supervisor. When the doofus hits the power pole here, everyone downline gets knocked out. That's why I have a natural gas standby generator. Happens all the time. Lots of Doofi (or is that Doofuses) tooling around out there.

drscot

Banned
Banned
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
Weirdly, once we have batteries, we don't need those peaker plants. Once we don't need peaking plants renewables can explode to take up the slack.

Some of us are already there.
https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/forum/threads/whats-your-power-mix.1981/

https://3cenergy.org/understanding-clean-energy/ (scroll to bottom)

-Crissa
What's the useful charge on batteries without limiting use during outage if solar, considering the need to charge cars etc, nighttime, inclement weather etc. seems in every disaster, diesel generators are hauled in for emergency power, not batteries.

OP
OP
LDRHAWKE

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
What's the useful charge on batteries without limiting use during outage if solar, considering the need to charge cars etc, nighttime, inclement weather etc. seems in every disaster, diesel generators are hauled in for emergency power, not batteries.
If you go back to the start of this post and read the discussion and answers I think find the answered….which is simply based on the battery bank size and consumption.

Last edited: