The Cybertruck Truck Guy argues with his favorite mechanic tuber...

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

To mention how few Teslas were sold in Australia and not mention the massive price difference and luxury tax that American cars have to face there? And on the year that Tesla sold half a million cars, even. Man.

Certainly tough to see your favorite be so wrong, and worse, to be arguing so badly. I feel for you, Todd.

-Crissa
Sponsored

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Aussie has an interesting schtick. He took the opposite side of Tesla than almost anyone else setting himself apart from all the other Tesla YTubers.

By doing this he was bound to get hits on his YT channel which is the goal of YTubers along with subscribers which he encourages the haters to subscribe and unsubscribe and the then do it again just to get a good look lick in on him for dissing Tesla and Elon.

The Cybertruck Truck Guy is right in that John does a very good job at his presentation, one of the best IMO.

John is enjoyable to watch even if you are at odds with his views.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

Warren's reply is great. He gives the John C. idiot no respect because he does not deserve any with arguments that do not match obvious facts.

Cybertruck Truck Guy does a great job too but Truck Guy is too respectful to someone who does not respect others.

John C. said Tesla is not the industry leader. Sandy Munro a manufacturing expert says Tesla has years of advances beyond other competitors. Even CEO of VW says Tesla is leading & VW needs to work to catch up.

John C. has no clue.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
If what @TruckElectric is true, that the purpose of you tubers is to get subscriptions and not to impart information, then the interaction makes sense I suppose. To me, if it isn’t about information then they are all wasting my time for their own purposes. In the first 10 seconds of the view by John C I knew there was nothing in it for me, but I was watching because I like @cybertruckguys videos. He says “two worthy opponents”, but I don’t see anything worth arguing about. I say ignore people like John C and spend our valuable time watching Giga Austin videos.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I say ignore people like John C and spend our valuable time watching Giga Austin videos.
I say don't ignore John C you might learn something. Here is something you can watch with your valuable time.........

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I say don't ignore John C you might learn something. Here is something you can watch with your valuable time.........

Puddles!!

Saw Puddles live. It was a fun show! I miss going to shows...

97trophy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Country flag
I think John has made several major errors.

#1, I see no evidence that he understands what an 'S' curve is and what that means in terms of BEV sales growth potential. The fact that current sales are 2% is irrelevant if we are in a S curve environment.

#2, The exact arguments he makes about the big OEMs are the same arguments that people made about IBM in the early 1980s, Nokia in the late 90s, Kodak films (plus many more firms and industries) Major technology shifts allow startups to outsell the traditional dominating firms.

#3 No mention of the importance of the (a) the charging network and (b) the advances seen in FSD. I am old enough to remember when the perceived wisdom was that computers would never be able to play a decent game of chess.....

#4 I have no argument on the past quality of the Freemont sites output but lets see what Austin and Berlin can do. To discount TSLA on past quality output is a flawed approach as they have shown they are a company that can and does improve with the passage of time.

John is a loud mouth, who obviously enjoys controversy & has a built a loyal fanbase. No doubt he is a clever man is his field, but that's also his problem. He is predicting stuff outside of his circle of competence and that's never a wise move for anyone. And even worse he does not realize it.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
John is a loud mouth, who obviously enjoys controversy & has a built a loyal fanbase. No doubt he is a clever man is his field, but that's also his problem. He is predicting stuff outside of his circle of competence and that's never a wise move for anyone. And even worse he does not realize it.
#1 He is having fun creating controversy

#2 It's all about the $$$

mrschwen

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
?
Country flag
If what @TruckElectric is true, that the purpose of you tubers is to get subscriptions and not to impart information, then the interaction makes sense I suppose. To me, if it isn’t about information then they are all wasting my time for their own purposes. In the first 10 seconds of the view by John C I knew there was nothing in it for me, but I was watching because I like @cybertruckguys videos. He says “two worthy opponents”, but I don’t see anything worth arguing about. I say ignore people like John C and spend our valuable time watching Giga Austin videos.
Thats the internet for you. 3/4 or more is there not to inform you, but to "influence" you.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Puddles!!

Saw Puddles live. It was a fun show! I miss going to shows...
Tell me about it! My wife is one of those people that wins stuff all the time. We average 12-15 concerts a year. Our only saving grave this year was that Ventura had drive-in concerts. We went to 4 since March. Drive in concerts are fun. I hope that's one thing that continues after Covid.
Sponsored