The Vault, size and uses? Owners manual? Aluminum-ion battery?

Bill Gibbons

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500 diesel, Mitsubishi RVR
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
I was wondering if any more news regarding the lay down back seat to enlarge the vault, this would solve a lot of problems for a/c, music and a chance to watch a movie on a rainy camp trip, room to sleep and be able to have a cooler inside away from our bear friends. It would be also very handy for work, being able to carry a 4' x 8' sheet with the tailgate up?
any news if they have had a chance to put together an owners manual, would be nice to go through before driving?

Does anyone know if they have done research on the aluminum-ion c/w graphene battery, supposed to be faster charging and last longer as well as lighter and less chance of fire because of the lack of lithium, sounds good?
Sponsored

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
I wouldn’t expect the manual available until first vehicles get delivered. Typically it’s tied directly to your online account, and available through the touchscreen in the vehicle.

Until they truly finish the final product, they’ll likely spin up the manual a month before launch.

OP
OP

Bill Gibbons

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
that sounds reasonable,
If the battery pans out, it may be too late for this generation of CT, but who knows for the future, may be good for the plane or model 2, because of weight and charge

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
I think Elon suggested they’d consider a pass through. As folks have asked him with exactly what you mentioned in mind. Which admittedly doesn’t mean much. I’m interested to see what pans out.

Im sure if they don’t, we all won’t really mind anyway, because we’ll be pleased to even have it in the driveway...but mostly on the road. Haha

OP
OP

Bill Gibbons

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
I think Elon suggested they’d consider a pass through. As folks have asked him with exactly what you mentioned in mind. Which admittedly doesn’t mean much. I’m interested to see what pans out.

Im sure if they don’t, we all won’t really mind anyway, because we’ll be pleased to even have it in the driveway...but mostly on the road. Haha
thats for sure

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
yea....I was wondering also about a pass thru for a/c and movies while camping...sure would a welcomed addition to have a "camping mode" in the truck that would be useful
Sponsored