Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Electrician/inventor/retired
Country flag
Maybe we should tone down the accolades of the cyber trucks ability to withstand dents and scratches. A lot of people like to test things and I would rather not have somebody test scratch resistance on my new cyber truck
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Wrap the truck with pre-damaged images. We should also not go into the truck thinking it is indestructible. I am curious to the first person to get a dent, how much ranting will ensue?

Jerks are jerks. Hope you do not encounter them.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I was fully anticipating sentry mode capturing anyone trying to re-create the reveal window breaking.

Tempest

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX
Country flag
Maybe we should tone down the accolades of the cyber trucks ability to withstand dents and scratches. A lot of people like to test things and I would rather not have somebody test scratch resistance on my new cyber truck
I agree, if the hype continues, then those that are jealous or curious will certainly take a swing.

Deleted member 859

I agree, if the hype continues, then those that are jealous or curious will certainly take a swing.
I'm most concerned about bozos who want to perform 9mm target practice test. The moment I saw Elon show that video, I could see in my mind the future youtube idiots performing a test in a parking lot.

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Tesla haters are a large crowd.
Idiots are an even larger crowd.
These 2 Combined , the CT is going to be tested.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Tesla haters are a large crowd.
Idiots are an even larger crowd.
These 2 Combined , the CT is going to be tested.
Finally a silver lining to having a 275,000 reservation number :)

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I donā€™t think we have to worry near as much as we have to worry about what we as owners are going to do to the CT, trying to prove it is worth the hype.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I donā€™t think we have to worry near as much as we have to worry about what we as owners are going to do to the CT, trying to prove it is worth the hype.
Personally I donā€™t buy cars to make a statement or prove anything to anyone. I see the Cybertruck as an excellent functional vehicle, and I ā€˜amā€™ concerned about the crazies of the world. My hope is that with all the M3s and MYs on the road by then that these people will either have given up or they might even be believers by then.

cybertrucktruckguy

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road, 2018 Tundra Limited, 2016 Honda Africa Twin
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
100%. Canā€™t wait to get it out on the forest roads.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I will just set mine to "stun"

K Doc Brown 007

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Fusion & 2019 Jeep Rubicon
Country flag
There will be incidents of ā€˜testingā€™. But they will be isolated. Guaranteed, news media will pick the handful of testing incidents and make them a big scary ordeal ?. No need to fret. There will be idiots but sentry will catch them which will help prevent continued mischievousness.

bfdog

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250, Honda Element, GX470
Country flag
There will be incidents of ā€˜testingā€™. But they will be isolated. Guaranteed, news media will pick the handful of testing incidents and make them a big scary ordeal ?. No need to fret. There will be idiots but sentry will catch them which will help prevent continued mischievousness.

Agreed. Hopefully the "news media" (and social media and YouTube) will pick up incidents of idiots testing the trucks and getting caught.. The best marketing ever for Tesla is a YouTube video of fools getting caught (so Tesla should stage it). Sentry has a limited view point though--It would pick up sledgehammers to the door but not rocks to the window (from cover). I guess results of keying will buff or sand out though. Hopefully people don't shoot with 9mm,, .40, then .45 to compare and contrast the difference and debate material science.

MonsterCyber

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Plan on lifting & scraping trees in the woods with my bros.
Sponsored