Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Finally took delivery yesterday. Mostly still in disbelief. Huge shoutout to the MDR delivery team who made a big deal about it with lights, a fog machine, and a whole presentation. (Side note: Kimbal Musk's Vin #0 was parked next to mine). Interestingly it came with almost 40 miles on the OD. Apparently all of these early builds go through extra testing at Giga Austin to work out any potential kinks.

Build quality is perfect. No panel gaps or mismatched panels to speak of. Feels really solid generally, better build quality than my F-150, Model X, and even your average modern Mercedes. Nothing compares to actually driving the real thing. All reservations or concerns I had vanished once I was behind the wheel.

Also, the AWD is fast. Really fast. Feels much quicker than a 4.1 0-60, makes me feel good about not getting the beast.

They didn't lie– the fingerprint marks are no joke. I didn't want to wrap it until I saw how bad it really is. Considering doing Tesla's clear satin PPF.

Headlights are plenty bright. I personally don't understand what people are complaining about. The headlight angle is also fully adjustable (yes, they're adaptive).

The drive-by-wire feels intuitive and natural, there was no learning curve as others have mentioned.

Hoping everyone gets VINs soon!

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

Hi,

Your actual order date (Not reserve date) is: ? _____________

Your Vin was assigned date: ?___________

Delivery date is January 20 2024
Sponsored

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
Looks like CHC is spending more time in his new truck than the forum. We’ve had some rain here in LA since Saturday and will continue through Monday. Pretty sure he’s having fun driving it around , than spending time on the forum.

But if you are reading this CHC, I have an offer for you assuming you’re in the MDR area. Got you covered for Dhina’s , In-N-Out, Or Apple Pan if you’re free for a look.

My Sundays games are Rained out and I’m Hungry.

Rick

Cyberjam

First Name
Stotnova
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FS AWD (awaiting), miniHummer EV (grandkids)
Occupation
Retired/sometime Rockstar
Country flag
Awesome! All heartwarming news about the quality of the build. Fingerprints? Rub some mud on it, you'll be okay. Happy motoring, tank owner. I hope to join you soon.

JManMozee

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 tundra, 2023 VW ID4, Cybertruck reservation
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
Finally took delivery yesterday. Mostly still in disbelief. Huge shoutout to the MDR delivery team who made a big deal about it with lights, a fog machine, and a whole presentation. (Side note: Kimbal Musk's Vin #0 was parked next to mine). Interestingly it came with almost 40 miles on the OD. Apparently all of these early builds go through extra testing at Giga Austin to work out any potential kinks.

Build quality is perfect. No panel gaps or mismatched panels to speak of. Feels really solid generally, better build quality than my F-150, Model X, and even your average modern Mercedes. Nothing compares to actually driving the real thing. All reservations or concerns I had vanished once I was behind the wheel.

Also, the AWD is fast. Really fast. Feels much quicker than a 4.1 0-60, makes me feel good about not getting the beast.

They didn't lie– the fingerprint marks are no joke. I didn't want to wrap it until I saw how bad it really is. Considering doing Tesla's clear satin PPF.

Headlights are plenty bright. I personally don't understand what people are complaining about. The headlight angle is also fully adjustable (yes, they're adaptive).

The drive-by-wire feels intuitive and natural, there was no learning curve as others have mentioned.

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg
Thanks for the positive feedback!
Excitement is real!

Tuna

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg
Nice Paseo del Mar shot! I have a question for you.. I also live in the SouthBay and JUST got my VIN number this morning. How long before you took delivery after you got your VIN please?

Reactions: CHC
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model s, model y , cybertruck
Occupation
Mechanic
Country flag

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg
How long after you received Vin did they reach out with delivery ? I can't sleep anymore 2 weeks with Vin and so anxious!!!???

Mattsplat

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag

Week 1 Obervations

- Wow, this thing gets a lot of attention. Fun at first, but gets annoying quickly. People cut you off, speed past you in traffic, stand in the middle of the road, etc. to get a closer look. Still, always happy to entertain questions from fans.

-The bed material is really tough but extremely slippery, stuff slides all over. Definitely need a rubberized mat.

-People WILL touch it and leave fingerprints while parked

-There is quite a bit of battery drain just while parked, definitely more than any other Tesla model

-Plastic panels (bed lip and tonneau sides) are well aligned but are 'loose' if you touch/ shake them.

-Black plastic on bumpers scratches easily

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg
Is the 40 miles really at the factory or is it every sales guy taking your Cybertruck for a joyride the night before you picked it up?

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag

Week 1 Obervations

- Wow, this thing gets a lot of attention. Fun at first, but gets annoying quickly. People cut you off, speed past you in traffic, stand in the middle of the road, etc. to get a closer look. Still, always happy to entertain questions from fans.

-The bed material is really tough but extremely slippery, stuff slides all over. Definitely need a rubberized mat.

-People WILL touch it and leave fingerprints while parked

-There is quite a bit of battery drain just while parked, definitely more than any other Tesla model

-Plastic panels (bed lip and tonneau sides) are well aligned but are 'loose' if you touch/ shake them.

-Black plastic on bumpers scratches easily

-Suspension soaks up bumps better than a Ford Raptor on Baja suspension

IMG_0351.jpg

IMG_0375.jpg

Spook video -- Real person driving in the water, added captions like a person was really excited happy to get delivery pickup lost directions..

Sponsored