Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
WASHINGTON, Sept 11 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) said Saturday it will sharply oppose a proposal by Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives to give union-made electric vehicles in the United States an additional $4,500 tax incentive.
Sponsored

CyberT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR RWD
Occupation
Service Technician
Country flag
WASHINGTON, Sept 11 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) said Saturday it will sharply oppose a proposal by Democrats in the U.S. House of Representatives to give union-made electric vehicles in the United States an additional $4,500 tax incentive.
I can't believe that I am agreeing with Toyota here.....

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
What follows is only opinion...
The goal of the incentives is to promote adoption, cannot promote adoption if the oem don't make them. And unionized businesses face increase costs to change a process therefore additional incentive to lower the price of the higher cost bev from the unionized.... so I think I understand why congress wants the additional add for unionized shops.
I think the conversation went like this.
Prez Biden - you guys need to make bev, we are going to out law ice.
GM, ET AL- We can't. It will cost us more than it's worth. Because it will cost us so much to switch we will have to charge to much and people will just choose a Tesla or other start up. Therefore we will continue to make ICE while we can and if you outlaw it we will continue to sell to other countries. We don't have a choice. We understand that oil is killing us but we are creatures of it and it's in our nature.

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
So Toyota is on two-pronged approach?

Fighting city hall meanwhile until they can catch up with their own EV?

#ApartheidElon's strategy has not so similar variation. I enjoyed the tax cuts to get early adoption of my Tesla cars, I want to deny others the same benefit.
Sponsored