Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Was it a performamce M3 because I was told that is the only M3 variant with the matrix lights (source was Tesla but that and $5 will get me a Starbucks latte).
I am not really that Model 3 familiar. It was listed as a 2022 M3 long range on Turo. In the software screen it said Black Widow. It only had a chill and standard acceleration setting so I don't think it was a performance model. It only had 270 miles range but I assumed the owner had limited the range to preserve the battery and that it was a LR with 370 miles range. This was my first Tesla experience other than a test drive and I loved it! It was very fast car in standard mode but I think I might have driven it too aggressively and one morning it was locked in chill mode. šŸ™ƒ. Still a great car!
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I am not really that Model 3 familiar. It was listed as a 2022 M3 long range on Turo. In the software screen it said Black Widow. It only had a chill and standard acceleration setting so I don't think it was a performance model. It only had 270 miles range but I assumed the owner had limited the range to preserve the battery and that it was a LR with 370 miles range. This was my first Tesla experience other than a test drive and I loved it! It was very fast car in standard mode but I think I might have driven it too aggressively and one morning it was locked in chill mode. šŸ™ƒ. Still a great car!
Any Tesla is a great driving experience!

JSnow11

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3 M Competition
Occupation
mail carrier
Country flag
I agree that the advanced headlights technology has great potential to improve safety for pedestrians and bicyclists, as well as drivers. I'm hopeful that the NHTSA's final rule will allow for their use on U.S. vehicles, so that everyone can benefit from this potentially life-saving technology.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I agree that the advanced headlights technology has great potential to improve safety for pedestrians and bicyclists, as well as drivers. I'm hopeful that the NHTSA's final rule will allow for their use on U.S. vehicles, so that everyone can benefit from this potentially life-saving technology.
Watch. Theyā€™ll approve use in combination not alone. LOL

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
With so many excellent ideas!! I canĀ“t understand why see so many brand new cars on the road with low beams excessively high! The Silverado, F150 and some Korean cars are very good examples!
Also, the taillights that arenĀ“t mandatory to be full-time ON. So many cars on the highway full dark during the night!!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Weird thing on my Model Y happened on the latest update.

A couple weeks ago, as part of the relentless march towards FSD full stack, the radar equipped Model Ys switched to the vision only stack. Radar is now like an appendix on my car.

This means my car no longer lets me set TACC to follow 1 car length behind the car in front of me which doesnā€™t bother me. It also means every single time I switch Autopilot on at night time, the car switches to auto high beams as well which does bother me a bit. (I donā€™t have matrix lights)

I suppose the good news is auto high beams have gotten much better since I bought the car. MUCH better. But when Iā€™m going through populated areas at night on a highway (I-5 through Seattle and Portland recently), having the high beams flashing on and off every half mile or so is very frustrating. It almost always catches cars coming over the hill before I do, but in metro areas Iā€™d just rather not have it blinking on and off every minute or 2.

I know *why* it turns them on, vision only improves based on how much light there is! Itā€™s still frustrating.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Weird thing on my Model Y happened on the latest update.

A couple weeks ago, as part of the relentless march towards FSD full stack, the radar equipped Model Ys switched to the vision only stack. Radar is now like an appendix on my car.

This means my car no longer lets me set TACC to follow 1 car length behind the car in front of me which doesnā€™t bother me. It also means every single time I switch Autopilot on at night time, the car switches to auto high beams as well which does bother me a bit. (I donā€™t have matrix lights)

I suppose the good news is auto high beams have gotten much better since I bought the car. MUCH better. But when Iā€™m going through populated areas at night on a highway (I-5 through Seattle and Portland recently), having the high beams flashing on and off every half mile or so is very frustrating. It almost always catches cars coming over the hill before I do, but in metro areas Iā€™d just rather not have it blinking on and off every minute or 2.

I know *why* it turns them on, vision only improves based on how much light there is! Itā€™s still frustrating.
Huh that sounds annoying.

Are the roads you are using particularly dark for some reason, normally the cameras are fairly light sensitive.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Huh that sounds annoying.

Are the roads you are using particularly dark for some reason, normally the cameras are fairly light sensitive.
My 2020 Pacifica has auto highbeams and does the same thing. It doesn't have cameras, it's to Help us nightblind humans. I find it a bit helpful. But at first, my thoughts were for other drivers. Now after seeing them turn down at the correct times, I don't have a problem with it. For me having highbeams go off and on constantly isn't annoying, because there are lots of dark areas that I'm glad to have the highbeams on. And, I don't have to constantly turn them on and off myself.

It would be nicer to live in a more rural area, where it wouldn't have to turn down the highbeams so often. But where I live is a combination of agriculture and urban areas.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
My 2020 Pacifica has auto highbeams and does the same thing. It doesn't have cameras, it's to Help us nightblind humans. I find it a bit helpful. But at first, my thoughts were for other drivers. Now after seeing them turn down at the correct times, I don't have a problem with it. For me having highbeams go off and on constantly isn't annoying, because there are lots of dark areas that I'm glad to have the highbeams on. And, I don't have to constantly turn them on and off myself.

It would be nicer to live in a more rural area, where it wouldn't have to turn down the highbeams so often. But where I live is a combination of agriculture and urban areas.
I mostly like it. Itā€™s just when Iā€™m going through some sections of highway where itā€™s annoying.

When I first got the car the auto lights were pretty bad and I turned it off for months. It is so much better now most of the time itā€™s a big win. The only time its really annoying is when on busy highways where most of the time you donā€™t want high beams on.
Sponsored