Treating Tesla like a tech stock not an automotive stock. (See graphs)

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Hybrid Toyota Avalon, Hybrid Toyota Camery, Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Just reflecting on how the big tech companies climbed the stock market. I am hedging my bet for the long term based on it preforming like a tech stock . Here are the examples I looked at.

Tesla Cybertruck Treating Tesla like a tech stock not an automotive stock. (See graphs) 9A8DC1F2-8F16-4634-8CEC-F2588BE238DD

Tesla Cybertruck Treating Tesla like a tech stock not an automotive stock. (See graphs) B7637B27-CEED-4C93-A5C3-89D07C84FF55

Tesla Cybertruck Treating Tesla like a tech stock not an automotive stock. (See graphs) 3D8A1442-35F3-4AA6-A181-D56B7519F5E6
Sponsored

OP
OP
Northlander

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Hybrid Toyota Avalon, Hybrid Toyota Camery, Honda Odyssey
Country flag
Yes, I expect some peaks and valleys over time, but I am taking the long term perspective.
* Note I am not a stock market guy, one that plays with the market a whole lot, just saving for retirement and investing in products I believe in.*

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
I sold all mine at 966 yesterday, on a market order at the end of the day. I'm a lucky boy.
I just have to use those charts up there to figure out where to buy back in, because I like the google, amazon, apple comparison.

lukefrisbee

Banned
Banned
First Name
luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2m AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I got a thread on her already about ti, but last week I bought 110 shares for $644 each. I was sh!tting myself when it went up over $900.
I ain't smart enough about stocks to get out and get in...yet...if I see that happen again I will take my Father's advice and sell a good portion. And buy back later.

bukkakeaisu

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J120 LandCruiser Prado
Country flag
advice and sell a good portion. And buy back later.
So.....at what price did you sell?

I am holding quite a few shares from last year and the recent covid-19 dip but the S&P500 listing seems like it will artificially pump up the price, not to mention squeeze the remaining shorts. I'm in for the long term but I think the next 2-3months are going to be a roller coaster.

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
Try to trace the history of the 30 stocks that now make up the Dow Jones Industrials. They each have roughly a 30 year lifetime in the Dow. They usually enter the Dow within 10 years of entering the S & P 500 and after 1-2 stock splits. They usually split again just before they enter the Dow 30 and stay in the Dow for 2 to 3 more splits before they are replaced. That’s an average of 5-6 splits from their inception to their leaving the Dow. The compounding and tax savings of investing in future Dow 30 stocks and holding them are how family fortunes are traditionally made in America without as many long term risks as small business management.

Reactions: Geo

TerryMack

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I sold all mine at 966 yesterday, on a market order at the end of the day. I'm a lucky boy.
I just have to use those charts up there to figure out where to buy back in, because I like the google, amazon, apple comparison.
You can see the error of you ways now?

TerryMack

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Truck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Try to trace the history of the 30 stocks that now make up the Dow Jones Industrials. They each have roughly a 30 year lifetime in the Dow. They usually enter the Dow within 10 years of entering the S & P 500 and after 1-2 stock splits. They usually split again just before they enter the Dow 30 and stay in the Dow for 2 to 3 more splits before they are replaced. That’s an average of 5-6 splits from their inception to their leaving the Dow. The compounding and tax savings of investing in future Dow 30 stocks and holding them are how family fortunes are traditionally made in America without as many long term risks as small business management.
TSLA is NOTHING like any other stock! I hope you can see that now! I bought my Tesla stock in September at around $242 and now it is about to split at $1500!

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I beg to disagree Terry, TSLA, is like every other Future DJIA stock before it enters the S & P 500 average after it starts earning a net profit. Enjoy the ride. The purpose of an investment vehicle is beating dollar devaluation/ inflation. It’s doing that well. Tesla happens to make actual vehicles powered by batteries charged by utility grids for the most part now. As homeowners see the value of solar roofs for their homes and Power walls instead of generators the company’s impact on practical living will grow. It’s not yet at the point of enriching most people’s lives like Apple though.

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
Yeah, you were a real smartypants, for about 3 months. Now you don't feel so lucky, do you punk? :cry:

bukkakeaisu

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J120 LandCruiser Prado
Country flag
It’s not yet at the point of enriching most people’s lives like Apple though.
Unless you owned the stock before this surge. Consider my life enriched....but now the question is how do I best leverage this without selling. (especially this year - short term capital gains taxation isn't too appealing)

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Unless you owned the stock before this surge. Consider my life enriched....but now the question is how do I best leverage this without selling. (especially this year - short term capital gains taxation isn't too appealing)
I recommend holding the stock for at least another 5 years. You’ll kick yourself if you sell after the first stock split. This is a future Dow 30 company. When I speak of enriching ones lives I was referring to a company’s products. Tesla products seem to be directed at consumers who already own homes.
Sponsored