Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
BLUF (that's Bottom Line Up Front): Just read it. I mean, it should only take about 2 minutes to read. You'll doom scroll longer than that anyway. Besides, I'm entertaining. My wife says so. Sometimes she's so entertained, her eyes roll back. Plus, I typed this post slow because I know some of you don't read so fast.

It was a dark and stormy night... Well, it would be. It was raining, anyway.

Arriving at work yesterday at 3pm, I stepped away and noticed a little something was up with my truck's driver's side rear tire:

Tesla Cybertruck Unorthodox thinking Nail not Normal Tire

As you may notice, my tire apparently had more nails in it than recommended. It was raining (as evident by the wet blacktop unless my truck pissed itself) and I had to head in to work. Luckily, when I got back outside at midnight, it was only pouring down rain and dark as a witch's butthole. Luck favors the prepared though and I had a full size spare and a portable compressor to boot. I backed out of my stop to where the parking lot lights sort of shined in the right way and then, with my SOG multi-tool, pulled the nail out while hoping it was only skin deep. Nope, it was all the way in.

Psssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssshit.

Luckily, I had my flex seal tape and just slapped it on there and went on my way... Kidding.
I did, however spend the next 20 minutes getting the jack, handle, and associated things out and freed from their "you'll never get it back into this packaging the right way again" location. Then, I spun the spare tire down from under the bed (The truck is a 2023 Ford Maverick helping me pass the time till I finally get to actually configure my 113344### Cybertruck.)

Sigh... Did I mention that it was raining? It rained just barely during my 1/2 mile walk out to my truck in the dark. (that's like 2,000 kilometers for my European friends... Or at least it felt like it.) Anyway, it started pouring down right as I got to my truck. I mean, I had an umbrella. I was sort of prepared. I needed another set of hands though. I was NOT prepared to remove the "retaining cone" from the spare tire. Oh. My. God. That sucks a bucket of donkey b... Well, it sucked. I survived, obviously but it took about 45 minutes of freezing, wet, irritation.

Which brings me to my point (Finally! Woo Hoo! you guys missed my long posts, I get it).

I'd love to be able to raise the suspension of my CT, place a block in a strategic location, and then lower the truck which would let the truck tripod one of the wheels off the ground. It'd be like placing a tall block or jack stand just inboard of the flat tire and then lowering the suspension. I know air suspension can't suck a tire up but, the weight of the truck should pivot at the block and lift a tire.

Then, it'd be easy getting a flat fixed in the Cybertruck. I'd just loosen the lug nuts a touch, raise the suspension from inside, get out, put my block in place, get back in, lower the suspension, and then take the now raised tire off. Voila! All done! Well, except for the long wait for someone to bring me a new tire...

Do any of you have any odd but possible things you'd like the truck to do that shouldn't take much of a change? Yes, a video rear mirror... What else?
Sponsored

Scurvmaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 chevy colorado, 2020 Model Y
Country flag
Get WholeMars to post this on X and Elon should see it and likely will "make it so". And yes, this is a badass idea.

scohen2002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Country flag
It is a good idea. This felt written long for the sake of being written long though :). ARB makes an off road recovery air bag. The idea is you can jam it under a truck/jeep even on rocks or a trail or sand or snow and it blows up with a compressor to raise the vehicle.

Texarado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
’24 CT AWD FS; ’18 Model 3 AWD
Country flag
Agree, good idea. (Even though I think your European friends would probably say closer to 800 meters. 😂)

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
You just beat @HaulingAss for the longest post.

And yours is more entertaining :p and added to the sum of knowledge.

His is mostly hectoring us civilians on how stupid and ignorant we are in the ways of transport world -- and other irrelevant subject matters.:rolleyes:

But thanks for benefiting us all with your good thinking.

I am still rethinking the purchase of that $1,250 Tesla spare tire kit. Might be cheaper to buy and fill my tires with never-get-flat-tire foam. :p

Last edited:

FutureTruck

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P, Lucid Air GT
With the amount of travel in the CT putting it on extract mode and then low should be enough to get the tire off the ground, at least it should.

Tesla will refresh the cybertruck soon, to many small and easy things missed that will greatly diminish sales if not fixed, stockholders and the free market will force them into doing it and in this case capitalism will fix what is wrong with the CT, not now, not 3 months from now, but won't be much longer than that.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
My best practice. And most of the time you can reach the tire shop for the repairs.
Best is cut the head off and leave it in until you're able to limp to where you can replace or patch.

If you pull it out, you might not be able to add enough air to even limp.

-Crissa

96Kopper02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Your wife is right. I found your post very entertaining. Sorry about the tire. Wish I could say it’s never happened to me.

U92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rubicon MW3
Occupation
FILM
Country flag
BLUF (that's Bottom Line Up Front): Just read it. I mean, it should only take about 2 minutes to read. You'll doom scroll longer than that anyway. Besides, I'm entertaining. My wife says so. Sometimes she's so entertained, her eyes roll back. Plus, I typed this post slow because I know some of you don't read so fast.

Arriving at work yesterday at 3pm, I stepped away and noticed a little something was up with my truck's driver's side rear tire:

Nail not Normal Tire.jpg

As you may notice, my tire apparently had more nails in it than recommended. It was raining (as evident by the wet blacktop unless my truck pissed itself) and I had to head in to work. Luckily, when I got back outside at midnight, it was only pouring down rain and dark as a witch's butthole. Luck favors the prepared though and I had a full size spare and a portable compressor to boot. I backed out of my stop to where the parking lot lights sort of shined in the right way and then, with my SOG multi-tool, pulled the nail out while hoping it was only skin deep. Nope, it was all the way in.

Luckily, I had my flex seal tape and just slapped it on there and went on my way... Kidding.
I did, however spend the next 20 minutes getting the jack, handle, and associated things out and freed from their "you'll never get it back into this packaging the right way again" location. Then, I spun the spare tire down from under the bed (The truck is a 2023 Ford Maverick helping me pass the time till I finally get to actually configure my 113344### Cybertruck.)

Sigh... Did I mention that it was raining? It rained just barely during my 1/2 mile walk out to my truck in the dark. (that's like 2,000 kilometers for my European friends... Or at least it felt like it.) Anyway, it started pouring down right as I got to my truck. I mean, I had an umbrella. I was sort of prepared. I needed another set of hands though. I was NOT prepared to remove the "retaining cone" from the spare tire. Oh. My. God. That sucks a bucket of donkey b... Well, it sucked. I survived, obviously but it took about 45 minutes of freezing, wet, irritation.

Which brings me to my point (Finally! Woo Hoo! you guys missed my long posts, I get it).

I'd love to be able to raise the suspension of my CT, place a block in a strategic location, and then lower the truck which would let the truck tripod one of the wheels off the ground. It'd be like placing a tall block or jack stand just inboard of the flat tire and then lowering the suspension. I know air suspension can't suck a tire up but, the weight of the truck should pivot at the block and lift a tire.

Then, it'd be easy getting a flat fixed in the Cybertruck. I'd just loosen the lug nuts a touch, raise the suspension from inside, get out, put my block in place, get back in, lower the suspension, and then take the now raised tire off. Voila! All done! Well, except for the long wait for someone to bring me a new tire...

Do any of you have any odd but possible things you'd like the truck to do that shouldn't take much of a change? Yes, a video rear mirror... What else?
I want to park my truck on a lift so as my wife would say it won't get up in the middle of the night and drive off after being hacked lol Seriously thinking of getting a lift so all tires are off the ground lol but the lift will be for other purposes ;) YOu could have just took some wire cutters and clipped it

OP
OP
TyPope

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
I want to park my truck on a lift so as my wife would say it won't get up in the middle of the night and drive off after being hacked lol Seriously thinking of getting a lift so all tires are off the ground lol but the lift will be for other purposes ;) YOu could have just took some wire cutters and clipped it
LOL. I considered it but I was getting out of work at midnight and really wanted to just make it home. It did oddly maintain 22 lbs of pressure for the hour home. LOL.

flyinglow

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 335i, F250
Country flag

Nail not Normal Tire.jpg

In theory, if they program it, you should be able to lower the CT to entry, tell the suspension not to raise the corner with the flat and raise the other 3 corners. The corner with the flat would raise the tire off the ground. Don't know if the air bags will leak down or otherwise drop but, if so, put a cheap/light screw jack under the lower A-arm of the flat corner to keep it from doing so (or some sort of block you can kick/knock out).

Of course, you don't have a spare but that's another issue.
Sponsored